All Topics / Overseas Deals / Can anyone help me to identify a mining operation in China

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of danpackis1danpackis1
    Participant
    @danpackis1

Hello,

I’m new to posting, i haven’t posted much ..

I desperately need for help. I have been approached by a company in china to be part of their joint venture project. the company name is peak power direct. they representing a mining company called Shanxi Coal Corporation Limited .

1 unit set at $50K, and so on…. my issue is I could not find much information about either peak power or shanxi, other than their respective website. Google not much luck..

If anyone can help to verify the information??? before I folk out hard earn cash to some stranger…

Please

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Hi Dan.
    Neither company is on any international stock exchange, both in a communist country (not meant to be political) keen on getting foriegn currency, and China being a country that, at best, is still difficult when it comes to trade relations. I can't find anything on of substance on either company and anyone can throw together a website for under a $100.
    In my personal and humble opinion I would NOT invest a single cent into either company due to lack of national and international transparency.
    I hope this has helped you?
    Kind regards,

Profile photo of danpackis1danpackis1
    Participant
    @danpackis1

Thanks very much Anthony.

They called me again trying to push me into signing the contract. .

Once again thanks

Profile photo of JdarJdar
    @jdar

Hi Dan, I got the same offer (US$50,000 investment) from a Mr. Michael Read from Peakpowerdirect(no spaces) , this is their website: http://www.peakpowerdirect.com/

He spent a good 20 minutes explaining the investment information & the company's portfolio & investment plans. Everything sounded too good to be true. I think the big give away was when he asked me if I was the decision maker at home & how I should be the one making the call, being the 'Man' instead of consulting my wife on the too good to be true investment. The so called partner company's information is here : http://www.peakpowerdirect.com/investors/downloads/executive_summary.pdf

another person who has invested : (scroll all the way down..) http://scamfraudalert.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/world-energy-research-aka-siesma-oil-research/ 

let me know if there are any developments or new information, Thanks..

Rgds..

Profile photo of ChristinaMChristinaM
    Participant
    @christinam

Do you guys speak Chinese? Can you read the contracts in Chinese?
    If you can't, do not invest, unless you find a trustworthy independent translator.

Agree with ALF1 that setting up a website costs only 100 bucks…Be cautious.

Profile photo of Marcus12Marcus12
    @marcus12

Dear danpackis1, 
    1. I had a terrible experience with similar company called Centex Resources (based Panama city) having offered working interest (units) of Kent 2 oil drilling project valued at $25,000 a unit. http://www.centexresources.com/ (official website closed 6 months after collecting investors’ funds) http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/05/prweb4026724.htm http://oil.fuelspace.com/2010/08/11/centex-resources-develops-the-premier-gas-oil-products/
    2. They promised monthly dividends for 10 years indexed on market crude oil prices, starting as early as November 2010.
    3. In July 2010 I bought 2 units valued at $50,000 paid to : Bank Name: Bank of America Address: TX5-669-01-01 815 Highway 146 South La Porte, Texas 77571 USA For Credit to: Deposit Guaranty Insurance Corporation Kent #2 Escrow Account 2542 Cliff Drive Dickinson, Texas 77539 Account Number: 586004760475 Swift Code: BOFA US3N ABA Number 111000025
    4. Until now, I have not received any dividends
    5. I contacted the investment consultant more than 20 times this year, by email and phone and could not reach either him or anybody else in Centex Resources. When speaking to the receptionist, she always says he is in meeting and he would call back. He Never did.
    6. Recently my emails bounced back to me, meaning that the company’s email server has been down for an extended period of time.
    7. Now a similar company called Peak Power Direct http://www.peakpowerdirect.com based in China has exactly the same approach and offer but for coking coal mining.
    8. After speaking to Peak Power Direct project management consultants – who by the way have the same manners and forceful personality as Centex resources’ consultants – they mentioned that the company has world wide operation with more than 800 subcontracting salespeople pulling people into similar schemes! 

<moderator: delete personal comment> If some one wants their names (although I am sure the names given are fake), then I can provide. In the mean time, I am investigating a serious financial fraud pursuit to get my money back!

Profile photo of danpackis1danpackis1
    Participant
    @danpackis1

Oh My God.

Looks like I have been saved. Peak Power was very pushy in getting me into this, Lucky I have spoken to you fellows. Thanks very much.

Profile photo of JdarJdar
    @jdar

Hi All, regarding Peak Power Direct, Mr. Michael Read (definitely not his real name) called me practically everyday to 'hook' me and today I answered.. – mistake.. He offered me partial investment 1/8 of the US$50K,  i.e US$6K +, sent me an invoice and terms & conditions, blah blah blah…
    Its a good thing I searched their Beneficiary Account Number: 787146331883 and found there was an Australian who was duped by them of 25,000. link here: http://www.justanswer.com/australian-law/4stjj-dear-sir-madam-i-dealing-company-called.html
    Beware all , problem now is that I gave them my address. Anyone can be tricked (& I almost was too..) because they sound very professional, beware.. leave a message in this site for any new developments.. heres the other link :
    http://scamfraudalert.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/world-energy-research-aka-siesma-oil-research/comment-page-2/#comment-23163 

Profile photo of ScammedScammed
    @scammed

Don't touch it! They have scammed me for a lot of money. It sounded excellent and I could see how it could work, but now I am 99% sure I have been scammed.

Profile photo of paul66paul66
    @paul66

Peak Power direct investment scam

25Sep

We are starting a group of people who have been scammed by peak power direct the company we are using is credit risk solution out of australia and if yoiu wish to be added to group contact [email protected] with your contact phone number and time zone As you have already relise that the autorities will do nothing to recover your funds

You could try Gobal invester alters but they only do indivdual cases with a unknown legal part as they track the bank transfer

so it up to you to decide which is the best for you and take the nessary action to attempt to recover funds.

http://nowbroke.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/peak-power-direct-investment-scam/

Profile photo of KnoxOffKnoxOff
    Participant
    @knoxoff

NEVER  EVER……..   deal with ,  talk to , do surveys , listen to , buy from,  or give money to TELE MARKETERS

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hey All I am amazed that any one would just hand over money with out physically meeting and inspecting these so called projects.

Again it is simple amazing that investors are willing to dish out money for these super high returns promised…with out checking and rechecking the groups they are dealing with.

What ever happened to due diligence .  I am sorry to hear for any one who lost there money. For one don't let it stand. Again if you ever give any one a dollar or buy any product do a little research. Take the time to go see the investment. Go meet the team.

It bothers me every time some one says I don't have the time to go and do that. Well If you are going to invest in your financial you need to make the time.

just my two cents

Alex

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Alex,

the US stock market would not exist without sight unseen investing.

Up until recently I was telemarketing at least 5 times a week from some New York brokerage selling the lastes and greatest un registered security.

Huge amount of international fruad going around regarding energy and metal investments.

I just came back from Upper British columbia where these miners had a huge gold claim. It was laughable, If you know the term Gippo Logger that is what these guys were. Your money and my ideas and we will go far.

JLH

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

Rule of Thumb: Never invest in anything you don't understand

Profile photo of KnoxOffKnoxOff
    Participant
    @knoxoff
    Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:

Alex,

the US stock market would not exist without sight unseen investing.

Up until recently I was telemarketing at least 5 times a week from some New York brokerage selling the lastes and greatest un registered security.

Huge amount of international fruad going around regarding energy and metal investments.

I just came back from Upper British columbia where these miners had a huge gold claim. It was laughable, If you know the term Gippo Logger that is what these guys were. Your money and my ideas and we will go far.

JLH

Jay my father worked on Wall street in Ny for over 30 years. So yes he discussed back in the day how many  he would sit and cold call. It still amazes me that no one takes the time to check things out.If I am dropping 50k into a investment .Which might be small dollars to some one. I would at least take the time to check things out.'

Well got to get the grill fired up big college football day here ..

South Carolin  Gamecocks playing  Clemson tigers ……huge game for us

Alex

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.