All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice needed for a bathroom, ensuite and European laundry renovation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ladyhawkladyhawk
    @ladyhawk

Hello,
    I'd really appreciate some advice on stage two of our renovations.
    At present the laundry/toilet and bathroom (two rooms) are situated off the kitchen and we'd like to move them to the room in the middle of the house. They would then become two rooms. One would be the main bathroom with an European laundry and the other room an ensuite bathroom to the main bedroom.
    The old rooms (off the kitchen) would then be gutted and become a living room.
    This is currently our PPOR but once the renovations are complete we'd like it to become our IP.
    We've got one quote to do this work and it comes to approx 30K and that does not include the plumbing work nor bath, toilet, fixtures, etc.
    The price seems to be a bit outrageous. Does anyone agree? Could anyone else estimate what this work should cost?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

What does the $30k quote cover??

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of ladyhawkladyhawk
    @ladyhawk

Remove old chimney
    Build a wall and cavity door
    Water proof membrane
    Plastering walls
    Arcs and skirts
    Pine flooring (not including sanding)
    Tiles and tiling
    Asbestos removal
    Bin hire
    Bi-fold door in laundry

Profile photo of ladyhawkladyhawk
    @ladyhawk

Okay…thanks MarJac.
    It is such an unknown. And finding a recommended builder to give us another quote for comparison is becoming impossible.

Profile photo of MarJacMarJac
    @marjac

Difficult to tell not knowing the property or the extend of the work required and/or what the quote does cover.
    Edit: just seen your last post $30k doesn't sound to far off, can depend on your area

As a guide my GF did a similar exercise about 4 years ago and that cost about $60k including bathroom fixtures & plumbing etc. 
    This did include better quality fittings & tiles etc and was a Victorian Period home

As always I would suggest obtaining a number of quotes, preferably with builders that can quote on the whole job inc plumbing & fixtures.

You can choose the fixtures and advise the builder who will be able to get tham at trade prices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.