Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of alp109alp109
    Participant
    @alp109

Hi!

Would anybody be able to advise what would be the possible disadvatges of using Styrocon as external walls instead of bricks ?

Profile photo of soapstreamsoapstream
    @soapstream

Hi Alph 109,

I am from WA where the market has been dominated by brick house construction for years, however I have been using Styrocon now for some 8 years on my reno projects.

In my opinion it is a brilliant product its quick versatile and has all the fire  and thermal properties required under the new BCA laws.

The product was originally developed in WA and used extensively back in the 70's and 80's however back then the outer sheeting was asbestos so it went out of the market until some 10 years ago when they developed a new production method of laminating the panels with fibre cement sheets. Its also easy to cut out windows or doors at a later stage as this can be done with a hand saw.

They are now starting to use it more and more in the West especially on small sites as you only need the one panel for the wall ie you don't need an outer wall and a separate inner wall. So you save on space, time, labour and materials.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Soapstream

Profile photo of alp109alp109
    Participant
    @alp109

Thanks Soapstream

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.