All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive geared properties in 2011?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of emptyvesselemptyvessel
    @emptyvessel
    xdrew wrote:
    I love making comparisons to the fruit and vegetable market .. or the fish market
     (they are both good examples of markets at work)

So … in the off season .. its harder to find a perfectly shiny apple … with no marks or bruises … for a low price. Well .. it still is possible to find one .. its just now a lot harder than the times when you have lots of fresh fruit available to the market at a good low price.

In that same way, in the property market post boom, you'll still be able to find your positively geared properties. It's going to take a little more legwork .. and a bit more bargaining, but not only are they out there .. as the market sours in some areas .. gradually there will be more good deals out there than .. average ones.

Thats where you want to be .. armed with cash or equity so you can rush in at a moments notice .. plonk a deposit down .. and get the good deals. So if you are being smart now .. you should be either frisking around for the positively geared properties a little harder, or starting to put a little more into your loans so you have a little less liability and a little more equity for when you approach the banks later on .. for the bargains. Or even .. GASP .. doing both !!! How creative is that !!!

Just like the fruit market .. when times get tough you may not be able to find exactly what you want on the market .. as people hold out for a better price. But again … like the fruit market … the best deals dont happen on the market floor anyway. Be creative .. be belligerant .. be a dealmaker. And you'll be surprised at what deals there are out there.

Time to get out all those books on how to negotiate properly. They actually DO have a use.

Thanks xdrew. You have a way with concepts and words that appeals to me. And inspires.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi guys

The latest strategy I have been looking into is very cash pos and in some cases fits the 11 second solution. I have been looking around uni towns at 4 or 5 bed houses and renting out the rooms on individual leases, I even found a property manager who would manage it and does for others,  food for thought

Profile photo of demkeldemkel
    Participant
    @demkel

Hang in there Joe
    Just be ready when the opportunity presents itself
    Regards
    Demkel

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.