All Topics / Help Needed! / Am I in a position to enter the property investment market?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

Hi Michael, do you mind me asking why you decided to sell your Silver back in December 2010? I think you could have made a lot more money if you continued to hold on. Silver has increased by about +50% in the last 2 months, and is highly likely to continue to increase for a few more years.

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi Saybalebay,

I have been trawling the net parts of Saturday and Sunday, yeah, this is what I do to pass the time.  I have found some very interesting properties – so just to get you started – here are some of them.  NOW, PLEASE KNOW THESE ARE NOT RECOMMENDATIONS.  This is just to give you some basis to exercise your ability to analyse deals.

Here we go:

8 Taylor St., Parafield Gardens, SA 5107 – asking price $375,000. Three IPS on one title.   Potential return $600 per week. 

1-2/ 4 Yeates St., Mount Gambier, SA – asking $250,000.  Two x 2 beds.  Income not disclosed.  Call agent Peter Duffy of Ray White 08 8725 4011

5 English Drive, Millient, SA – asking $239,000.  Six flats on two titles, all tenanted.  Gross $435 per week.  Call Valerie Jones of Millicent Real Estate 0438382506

Dimbulah Duplex, Qld.  2×2.  Address not disclosed.  Asking $249,000.  Gross net $290 pw.

Dalby, QLD. Address not disclosed.  House converted into two flats.  Asking $250,000.  Allegedly solid 7% return.

74 Ann St., Mitchell, Qld.  4 units.  (2×2 and 2×1) Asking $165,000.  Rent income not disclosed.  Agent Elizabeth Crow 0427231400.

39 Olympia St., Mundubbera QLD, 4 units.  Asking $200K.  Rental $310 per week.  Agents Peter Hunsley and David Zipf 07 4165 4804

I found all these on realestate.com.au.

I gave these as examples as you said you have $300,000.  Here are properties, mostly under that.  It should leave you some money in your pocket and get you started on property ownership.

Before you make any offers, make sure you do your due diligence.  Find out about the location as best you can, travel and see it if you have to.  Meet the agent and ask to be introduced to the property manager.  Inquire about fees and vacancy issues.

Negotiate the price and fees.

Research, research, research.  See what developments are happening the place.  what's potential capital growth?

Take care.

Angel

Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi Saybalebay,

Here are more suggestions.  Please understand these are not recommendations.  I just trawled to net to find properties within your $300K budget and has income.

6 Strickland, Wagin WA 6315.  Three units (3×1).  Asking $310K, income $390pw.  Agent Carole Drayton 0427 611 265.

10/102 Pepermint Way, Peaceful Bay, WA. Strata Lot 10 has just been listed FOR SALE, 3 Chalets on the one strata – all for the price of one.  Well presented fully furnished – Walk in Walk out.  Double brick, 2 x two bedroom units and 1 x one bedroom unit.
    Asking $280K.  Income not disclosed.  Agent Nelia Pumphrey 0418 935 933.

Now, please do exercise caution and do your due diligence.  Research, research, research.

Angel

Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi,

Here's more:

15 White Coonabarabran, NSW.  Duplex.  Asking: $125K.  Gross return 9.77%or $250 pw.  Agent Rhonda Wark.  0427422777

87 A and B Baron St., Cooma NSW.  Duplex.  Asking $225K.  Rental $340 pw.  Agent Shannon Fergusson 0429 788 143

3 Moore Place, Warrawong NSW.  Dual occupancy.  Asking $349K.  Currently rented for $19,240pa  Long term tenants  Quite & convienant location.  Ocean and lake views  2 x 2 bedroom with LUGs and separate laundries

Berrigan.  Address not disclosed.  * All units have: 2 bedrooms with BIR's & carpet
    * Spacious new kitchens with electric stove & ample storage
    * Lounge with polished floor boards surrounding carpet inlay, split system air conditioner
    * Bathroom with bath, shower & vanity
    * Separate toilet & laundry with linen storage
    * Fully fenced private back yard
    * Open nice garden front area
    * Car port space

UNITS RENT AT $150.00 PW & HAVE GOOD RECORD OF OCCUPANCY – EASY CARE WITH NOTHING TO SPEND.
    PRICED TO SELL AT $250,000.  agent Christine Marshall.  0427 211 884

153 Deboos St., Temora. Asking $269K.  Rental income not disclosed.  3×2 B/R B/V FLATS  1×1 B/R DOUBLE BRICK FLAT
    3×1 B/R DOUBLE BRICK FLATS WITH BED SITTERS.  Agent Denis Gersbach

76-78 Coolah St., Griffith NSW.    Asking $212K.  Four flats & four returns all on one large 961m2 lot. Showing high rental return with the opportunity of further development to the site, boasting rear access to Willandra Avenue. Within walking distance to the CBD and schools and in friendly part of town. Now is the time to become an investor, at $21,000 per annum you are well on your way. Rates: $2,400.66 P.A Water Access: $40.00 Quarterly, plus consumption Sewerage Access: $892.00 Quarterly Insurance: $545.00 P.A  Agent Tony Santolin 0407954865.

These are just a few samples.  These not not recommendations as I did not do any due diligence or have any knowledge of the suburbs.

These are just sample of positive geared properties, and low entry costs.

Good luck doing the research.

Angel

Profile photo of cuteyoungchiccuteyoungchic
    Participant
    @cuteyoungchic

Hmmmm, not a lot of tenants looking in Wagin, W.A. I'm afraid

Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi cuteyoungchick,

This is why everyone must do their research.  These are not recommendations.  Not by a mile.  I only put them here so newbies can know for themselves that high returns are possible but they must do their own research.  No one can do this for them.  I'm sure this forum is about education. not spoon-feeding.

Take care.

Angel

Profile photo of saybalebaysaybalebay
    @saybalebay

Thank you so much to all for your input. A lot of food for thought.

Angel, an enormous amount of info, very decent of you, thanks

Regards,

Mark.

Participant
    @angelinsydney

You're welcome, hon.

Angel

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.