All Topics / Overseas Deals / HSBC or Citibank

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of petejac1petejac1
    @petejac1

You don't need a SSN.  As I have set up an LLC for "Asset Protection" they class this as a Business Bank Account and I am doing Direct Pay.  You have to be careful there is Direct Pay and then there is Bill Pay.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Still waiting to hear back.

Will follow up again when I can. Have hurt my back though and am resting up for a few days. Sitting is super painful.

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of BonnerBonner
    Participant
    @bonner
    petejac1 wrote:
    You don't need a SSN.  As I have set up an LLC for "Asset Protection" they class this as a Business Bank Account and I am doing Direct Pay.  You have to be careful there is Direct Pay and then there is Bill Pay.

So Wells Fargo sent the direct pay device to you. Did they send it to you in Australia?

Profile photo of Carolina LiquidatorCarolina Liquidator
    Participant
    @carolina-liquidator

Does anyone have a contact for Wells Fargo/Wachovia. I am in the process of setting up several accounts and seem to be having problems finding anyone that knows they can do it at the banks.

Profile photo of PortpiratePortpirate
    @portpirate

Comment from OZforex regarding bringing money from overseas:

If you got the rental money deposited straight into our account we would be able to transfer the funds back to your Australian account. We are not however a deposit holding institution so any funds sent to us would need to be transferred back to your Australian bank account. If that’s the service you were looking for we would be able to help you out.

If you would like us to set up your account to allow for this please give us a call on 1300 300 424.

Kind regards

Adrian Steele | Foreign Exchange Dealer | OzForex

Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

I have found it harder to close an account than open it.
    Trying to close Wells Fargo/Wachovia account.
    They are prompt in answering emails, but seem to be dealing with 5 different people
    and none of them seem to understand the Australia is not a suburb of an American city.

In the end i have to "write" a letter. No email, asking for the account to be closed and money
    wired back to Aus. They wouldnt allow it to be transfered to my CB&T Account.

Opening – easy
    Closing – bloody hard

Profile photo of Carolina LiquidatorCarolina Liquidator
    Participant
    @carolina-liquidator

If anyone could give a contact at HSBC in Australia they have dealt with to do banking in the US I would greatly appreciate it.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I would suggest not using any of those banks directly, set up a mult-currency account with Forexsport. You can do it from Australia, have money in $US, A$ and/or multiple other currencies. It costs nothing to set up and you can do everything from Australia. Contact person is

Betty Lentakis 03 9846 8269 [email protected]

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.