All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Blackwater & Emerald

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    @hbbehrendorff

No idea on the price of the land, The owner is the builder who built it.

He is absolutely going to make a fortune of these units.

Profile photo of shoooshooshoooshoo
    @shoooshoo

is the land locked in blackwater like in dysart, where the minining companies own the land around the town? what kind of block was this, an industrial zone?

Profile photo of JaSin66JaSin66
    @jasin66
    shoooshoo wrote:
    hmmm…. I'm starting to consider Blackwater again, will have to be something new, don't want the headache, and since I'm from Melbourne, will probably never see the property. I believe Coalstar is right, if the yields are strong, and continue to be strong, so the price will follow. what are you guys thoughts on these units: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-qld-blackwater-107180361 also do you have to worry about the town getting flooded?

Ray White has them going for $515000, at $1200 a week rent, I'm sure i saw them for less. Their 2 streets back from the main highway, in relation too the highway their Nth behind the Caltex servo which is up for sale for around $1.1 mill I think and Red Rooster, McDonalds is being constructed now behind Red Rooster, a few streets away (walking distance) is the newly refurbished XXXX pub (the old swinging arms) with the Workers club across the road from that. The returns appear to be massive at 12 % plus (says Ray White) at the $1200 a week. Blackwater hasn't flooded in the 43 years I've been here, we get land locked thou, Nth, Sth, East & West.

@jasin66
    shoooshoo wrote:
    is the land locked in Blackwater like in Dysart, where the mining companies own the land around the town? what kind of block was this, an industrial zone?

The land surrounding the town isn't all own by the mines, there are varies cattle properties. I believe the land the new Townhouses are on were Industrial without checking, they are on the site of an old Mechanics workshop (now pulled down) 

@shoooshoo

thansk JaSin for the info, i have heard that when McDonald’s moves into an area, that means that area is going to be around for a while, because McDonald’s like many other big companies do thorough research about the location before moving in.

@shoooshoo

can someone please explain the difference between lease hold and freehold. i understand that freehold means that you own the property, like when you buy in capital cities, but lease hold is like leasing a spot in a shopping centre for your business. so with a leasehold property, such as in blackwater, what does that mean. the properties in blackwater seem to be cheaper with leasehold, about 20-30% cheaper, would you consider buying one. and what things should you consider with lease hold?

Profile photo of coalstarcoalstar
    Participant
    @coalstar

freehold land means the vendor owns the land outright from the ‘crown’ or commonwealth whereas leasehold land is leased from the crown for 99 years. you can apply to convert leasehold to freehold but will cost you approx 70k. that is, you have to pay the difference of what the land is worth at ‘market rate’ or the what the valuer general believes the land is worth.

Profile photo of coalstarcoalstar
    Participant
    @coalstar
    @jasin66

Great update Info on Washpool. Spot on with leasehold, I think most buyers would prefer to stay away from leasehold unless the property was particularly attractive or high returning. My PPOR was advertised as leasehold but we somehow convinced the seller too pay to make it freehold, I remember him saying it was $70000, so spot on there too!

Profile photo of damian014damian014
    Participant
    @damian014

Hi, first time poster here.
    I am heavily considering investing in Blackwater and am glad i found this thread as there seems to be a lot of knowledge about it here.
    I don't know much about Blackwater so the town itself is what i am interested in. Such as which area of town is newer with more street appeal or just all round nicer? What are the main streets with shops and such? and how much new construction is happening and where?
    Any information you can give me would be much appreciated.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.