All Topics / Help Needed! / Getting more rental income

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of StringerStringer
    @stringer

Hey guys,

I’ve been reading the forums for a while and have used all the advice to recently purchase my first IP in Mildura. It’s pretty close to being CF neutral but would probably need an extra $20 a week. I saw a forum topic in here about a girl looking to rent in Mildura and how she couldn’t find a property anywhere to rent because she had a dog. I have been thinking about ways to get more rental income and thought about advertising that dogs are welcome and putting the price up a little bit. Has anyone else done this and do you think it is a good idea?

Profile photo of scottsscotts
    @scotts

i've seen it done and it works, my sister rents and has 2 dogs, defiantly harder to find a place to rent… obviously it may take longer for the tenant with the dog to come along..

Profile photo of rachelthelegendrachelthelegend
    @rachelthelegend

It definitely encourages more tenants – I work in property management and by including Pet friendly in the description or heading will increase your market. Just take a slightly higher pet bond.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Yep, we do this for our IP. We allow pets and charge a slightly higher rent.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Yep, it works a treat :)

Plus, tenants with pets generally stay longer (because finding an alternative can be troublesome).

I allow pets (within reason) in all my IPs.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I had a chat to one owner recently who was anti-pet. A previous tenant had an ’empty’ fish tank, upon closer inspection it held a python!

NSW allows a new clause in the lease to require steam cleaning of carpets if the tenant has animals which have stained the carpets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.