All Topics / General Property / Management Rights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dougieQLDdougieQLD
    @dougieqld

Hi everyone

I have recently lost my father due to a heart attack whom has left a loving wife and son behind to pick up the pieces. This all happened about 4 yrs ago and we are still in recovery mode.

My father was a builder whom made a small fortune over his career.. but towards the end found it stressful.

In the last few yrs of his life he started talking about management rights.. and how secure they are as an investment and also a lot less stress. I was in uni at this time and didn’t make too much effort into looking into it. But now times have changed and im out of uni now looking after my mother. We are searching now for something new to support us both and would GREATLY APPRECIATE talking with someone who has had any experience in management righs whom isn’t a broker.

Cheers,

doug

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

What sort of management rights? Rent roll, strata or holiday lettings for a building?

You need to hold the appropriate licence.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

G'day Dougie from QLD.

Send me an email to my address below and i'll see if I can help you answer this but will need a little more info from you that perhaps shouldn't be posted here.

Kind regards,

Profile photo of dougieQLDdougieQLD
    @dougieqld
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    What sort of management rights? Rent roll, strata or holiday lettings for a building? You need to hold the appropriate licence.

Hi Scott,

I have been looking at Permanent Management Rights in Centres in and around Brisbane. They involve Residing onsite in your own unit while managing the grounds and rent roll of other units.

I have had NAB pre approve us to purchase up to a 3Million dollar complex when borrowing against equity in our existing property. To someone who doesn’t even use a credit card this is quit an overwhelming loan. But people in the industry have been reassuring me it is the norm to hold such loans against these business due to the cash flow stability of them.

My question is directed really for someone who has done this all before and has some advice on what can go ‘wrong’ not just what can go right so I fully know what to look out for.  

Buying off the plan. Is this a safe option for a new comer?

Am I being cocky and sticking my neck out too far with the dept?

Once purchasing a complex will the letting pool fall into a spiral thus devaluing my business?

Just some of the questions I have…

Cheers,

Doug,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.