All Topics / General Property / Problem Sites – Overflow & Stormwater

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Any one had any experience with sites that have water overflow issues and or storm water pipes  on them and come up with a creative ways to maximize and or get around them..

Site is corner 1458 sq mtr LMR ( multi unit site)

Would appreciate some thoughts from some of the brain trust here before starting the development/consulting process.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

There are neaps of retention systems, tanks, permeable surfaces and the like available. Try searching for storm water retention.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Thanks Christiand… initial survey /hydraulics reports have come back indicating we would have to build a basement slab up to 2.7 metres off the ground before any relaxations…. Seems council is a bit over the top to me on this but I’m only a simpleton that likes to push the envelope occasionally…….lol

Comes down to if we budgeted right in our feasibility (budgeted 150k for earthworks depend on what was required )……     Waiting for a more actually number from our builders….   

Architect has also done initial sketches based on these reports and is very optimistic get ting 8 street frontage apartments on it…. 6 x 3 bed and 2 x 2 bed  with a bit of GFA left over possibly  enough for a studio apt……   without pushing the envelope …..

Problem is most of the above  professionals always want to play it safe ……..  no risk and safe is the new way……lol …. supose they just dont get taught to negotiate 
    Any way asked the  brains trust team to see if they could come  up with other options …… Any ideas from your experiences???

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate….. John F. Kennedy (1917 – 1963)

If you don’t ask you won’t receive .. is my words of wisdom….lol

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Quote came in at 180k .Budgeted 150k

Did a Columbo with the vendor before due diligence expired and got 20K off purchase price so happy with that. 

Suppose few lessons I’ve learnt and sharing here are:-

If you can fix the problem you can make money (learnt that from Steve years ago)

If you don’t ask you won’t receive ( push the envelope be it with your professional team / council /  agents etc)

Sometimes the real negotiation doesn’t start until the contract is signed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.