All Topics / Overseas Deals / offically mine

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

Well today it is offical.
    Settlement/closing completed today . We offically owner our first US property after months of waiting.

Thanks to the guys at housebuyers USA for excellent service and communication

Profile photo of streamlineinvestingstreamlineinvesting
    Participant
    @streamlineinvesting

Congratulations RickH, I really hope it all works out for you

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Rick H

well done Im looking at making the trek to the US in the coming months, can you keep us forumites posted on how everything goes Im particularly interested in your Property management experiences

well done

Profile photo of Treasure HunterTreasure Hunter
    Participant
    @treasure-hunter

RickH,

Congratulations. That’s been quite a journey for you, after those endless finance delays over the last…..how many months?!
    Anyway, great to get the first one under your belt. Well done.

TH

Profile photo of Adam2011Adam2011
    Participant
    @adam2011

Congratulations Rick, hope to follow in your footsteps very soon!

Profile photo of Loans USALoans USA
    @loans-usa

That is such great news Rick.  So glad it finally happend for you!

Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

thanks for all the well wishes …… will keep posting the life and times of owning a property i will never see *L*

Profile photo of kwykwy
    @kwy

Hi RickH,
    Congratulations on your purchase after so many months of round abouts.
    Can I ask why you went with Housebuyers USA when you were previously looking to buy through MyUSAProperty?
    Just curious because I am currently considering joining buying through one of these turn-key groups.
    Thx.

@rickh

Hi Kwy,

Thanks for your message. I ended up changing to House buyers as i became frustrated with the finance offer put to me taking so long and the never ending requests for more information for the bank (not MyUsa’s fault). then they decided to offer prperty in a totally different area to where they had ben and i started to have a few doubts. So i contacted housebuyers and everything was easy (less fees) and no pressure for instant answers on buying.
    We have now settled and have a tenent in place from day 1 ….so far so good

Profile photo of Positive AussiePositive Aussie
    @positive-aussie

Congratulations RickH,

it is your success; and there is nothing sweeter than success. I wish, your property exceeds your expectations and gives you maximum bang of your buck.

Profile photo of morgstarmorgstar
    Participant
    @morgstar

Hi Rick

Where did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

@rickh

I bought in Fairlane district of Kansas City Mo.

Profile photo of Rosa TongRosa Tong
    @rosa-tong

Congrats… I have just gotten my LLC started and the ein…. now awaiting the bank account stuff… As you said excellent communication with this  mob. especially when I pointed out that I preferred email to phone…given my occupation. here's hoping….

@rickh

good to here Rosa,

I am similar to you as i cant really answer too many calls at work and I have found my emails are always answered quickly.
    Our account is with citizens trust and bank. We have aussie atm access to our funds 24/7 which is very handy.

I wish you all the best with the next step and hope it all works out .

Profile photo of lykemikelykemike
    @lykemike

Hi RickH

Congratulations on your purchase!

Profile photo of MaxpowerchappyMaxpowerchappy
    @maxpowerchappy

Hey all,

Probably best to start with a couple of confessions…  I am not by any means a heavy hitting investor… And am ashamedly a web forum virgin.  Hopefully,  some of you can look past this. 

I am currently seeking any advice available about investing in property within the US.  I have no particular region or state that I am committed to, though I have been advised that some areas around Detroit may be of interest.  I have just now stumbled upon this thread and have read with curiosity RickH’s experiences in purchasing in the US. 

What I am seeking is the relevant general advice of  those who do not have a vested interest in my money.  I am dealing with Splash at the moment simply because they were the first to get back to me.  However I have done no research in relation to them, so stay tuned… Have also been considering the agency’s mentioned in these forums such as housebuyers USA and MyUSAProperty so any feedback of who is good/bad, safe/dangerous etc. would be greatly appreciated.    

Need help guys… I’m not a twit it’s just my first time…

Thanks,

Max

@rickh

Hi Max,

Happy to share my experiences.
    Personally i original were with MyUSAProperties trying to secure 3 properties financing 70% as were advised this was possible.
    after 4 or 5 mths or submitting info and having the bank continually move the bar and request more info decided to forget finance and went to housebuyers usa and purchased 1 property for cash. Both companies provided great service housebuyers a little faster in reponding to contact.
    Within 2 weeks of going to house buyers 1 had agreed to terms on property and 1st rent cheque is in the bank.
    Housebuyers fees a few 1000 cheaper and i am happy.

Profile photo of ajayayyarajayayyar
    Participant
    @ajayayyar
    RickH wrote:
    Well today it is offical.
    Settlement/closing completed today . We offically owner our first US property after months of waiting.

Thanks to the guys at housebuyers USA for excellent service and communication

Hey rick,

Congrats – do keep posting your experiences about how things go in the US.  Mind if I ask where you purchased the property?

I did go to Steve's seminar a few months ago regarding US property investing and I am not fully sure about the idea.  I have stuck to investments in NSW.  I am open to changing my mind but need to explore it in a lot more detail, particularly the unknowns and risks.

Cheers,
    Ajay

@rickh

Hi Ajay,

I have had rentals in Qld before but this time wanted something with low outlay that generates immediate income. We purchased a renovated 3 bedroom house in south Kansas City Missouri.
    After proprty taxes, management fees ect we clear about $700 p/m. 1st payment went into the account the other day.
    I have not attended anyones seminars in the past. I have spent a few months reading up and studying Kansas City and bought in a middle class area 65% owner occupied close to schools major shopping complexes as well is easy access to highway to get to downtown area quickly.
    We bought using HouseBuyersUsa and their service has been 1st class and so far so good.

I believe every transaction is a risk but if you dont try you get no where !

Look at it long term your property pays its own way, you get passive income who cares if the values still down for 5-7 yrs ……. it costs you zip

Profile photo of ajayayyarajayayyar
    Participant
    @ajayayyar
    RickH wrote:
    Hi Ajay, I have had rentals in Qld before but this time wanted something with low outlay that generates immediate income. We purchased a renovated 3 bedroom house in south Kansas City Missouri. After proprty taxes, management fees ect we clear about $700 p/m. 1st payment went into the account the other day. I have not attended anyones seminars in the past. I have spent a few months reading up and studying Kansas City and bought in a middle class area 65% owner occupied close to schools major shopping complexes as well is easy access to highway to get to downtown area quickly. We bought using HouseBuyersUsa and their service has been 1st class and so far so good. I believe every transaction is a risk but if you dont try you get no where ! Look at it long term your property pays its own way, you get passive income who cares if the values still down for 5-7 yrs ……. it costs you zip

Hi Rick,

Mind if I ask how much % down you put to buy the house and very approx value?

Something like property value $100k and put down $20k.
    and  I assume $700 per month is the amount you get in your pocket even after loan repayments (or am I wrong…)

Agree on your point about passive income…

cheers, ajay

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.