All Topics / Help Needed! / Moree Houses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi,

There seems to be a few good deals going in Moree with houses selling around the 100k mark renting for around $200 per week.
    Does anyone have experience with investing in Moree? How easy would it be to rent out property?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks.

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Engelo

Check out this thread – https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/4331457

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the link. Im currently speaking to a few agents in Moree. Would want to go have a look in person before deciding to buy anything.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of goldiesgoldies
    @goldies

Can i ask why you would go and see the properties first? Is it only in Moree you would do this or do u do this with all your properties??

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There are good & real bad areas around Moree. Check with the local cop shop or school for the better streets.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I think there was also a write up about it recently in API or YIP mag.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

API did a writeup that looked upon it quite favourably. They also mentioned a couple of 'success stories' who started off by purchasing a CF+ property in the area at a great discount because it was on the market a long time.

At the moment the figures are wholesome and visible. Moree is a shrinking town heading to a size that is trouble, which basically means .. little or no recovery. Most people havent seen the death of towns within our lifetime, but I've known a few that just pack up and … close down. There isnt a big deal made of it .. they go from 20k .. to 12k .. to 6 or 7k … and then 2 or 3 k. Either its the industry that goes .. the mines close down .. or the reason for their existance .. just stops being valid. There are several little 'townies' like this in NSW .. they are so small you'd honk the car horn .. and just drive right through without knowing they were there.

The local paper is getting excited there about a possible investment in the area of … 25 million. Its a lot .. but for supporting a town .. its not enough. Moree is very much a farmers town .. and as such its suffering the farming setbacks a lot of small towns are.

Areas to avoid are in the west of Moree. There are some areas there so bad, the agents who manage properties just say NO. There are large housing commission 'sets' that are just dying to be reloved, but the tenancies are .. awful. Because the usual farmhand / worker type tenant isnt available .. they are sticking anybody into the places .. at almost any price. Dont listen to me on this .. check the photos .. bars on windows everywhere. There's usually a good reason for that.

For value?? its GREAT !!! You can pick up a starter house from as low as 60k. Returns can go as high as 10% if you buy multiples, so you can be CF+ in no time. Tenancies require significant management, buildings and houses require windows with security locks .. bars or mesh on windows, and barest minimum on features (nothing special, they rip the stuff out, even going as far as removing copper piping!)

If you can survive the downside until better times happen, you are probably able to pick up good value now in Moree. Tenants are gold bars, hold onto them .. leasing new tenancies can take ages as tenants can pick and choose there. Sales are slow, but thats to be expected when you have more properties than buyers in the town.

If and when it picks up, there is probably good value to be had in the area. I'm preferable to waiting until there is some degree of pickup to justify investing in the area. But … like Orange NSW .. which DID pickup … its been in my sights for about 3 years.

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Thanks xdrew for your insight. What month did they have a write up in the API mag? im a regular reader but must have missed it?

@ goldies, I would never purchase a property without seeing it first hand. Even if some one took 1000 fotos of a property im interested in I would still want to see it in real life. Plus I always chat with all of the locals in the area to get some insider info. I recently purchased a property in Mildura and pretty much spent 2 days speaking with locals and just driving around town before inspecting any property.

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.