All Topics / Help Needed! / what is the best site to advertise my house on?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of mcgrandlesmcgrandles
    @mcgrandles

hi all was out of action for a few months had a few strokes but now ready to move on with my boys to an other state how do i find the right site to advertise so people like yourself could find my house and buy it i read up on all these people buying property my house has water views water access 3bed 2 bath 2 living can convert house into a 4 bed or a 3bed with a one bed unit upstairs with ease ( is this not the type of house investers are looking for) what am i doing wrong ? why am i not getting any one looking to buy? i have all the eggs in the right basket area position can you point me in the direction of the best site to place my house ad ta

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

What’s wrong with appointing a real estate agent?

Choice of website will depend upon the state & area the property is located.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Agree with IP.

If you haven’t already engaged an REA and are having troubles selling the property – perhaps it’s best to give one a go. Whilst we’d all love to avoid forking out for an REA’s commission, they’re often able to sell for a higher price than can be achieved when selling yourself.

There’s no harm in having a chat with a local REA – if anything, they might provide some insightful pointers as to why your house is not selling.

Welcome back by the way :)

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of mcgrandlesmcgrandles
    @mcgrandles

nothing wrong with real estates i had one and i was happy  i had my stroke just after i signed up and in that time my agent left and my listing was given to the other agent. that agent only wanted to sell cheap homes so he could make a buck.  so for 7 weeks i was unable to keep track of what was going on when i was able to contact it was only by sms the stroke has affected my speech and  my new agent didnt  want my house because it was in a higher price range and he had to work at selling it so thats why i wanted to know the best site to list  my house 

Profile photo of ajaydee73ajaydee73
    Participant
    @ajaydee73

Hey Mcgrandles.

I hope you have a steady recovery in your health. I believe http://www.realestate.com.au is the most popular. http://www.domain.com.au is also popular.

Best of luck

Profile photo of ShaunusShaunus
    Participant
    @shaunus

I just bought a place direct from the owner, the seller was able to save around $30,000 in agent fees and this saving was passed on to me.

The website is http://www.buymyplace.com, you're dealing direct with the owner its the best way to get a 'wholesale' price.

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Realestate.com.au does not list for the public so your options may be limited. As you have had a stroke, it may be more difficult for you to negotiate the sale.

Which state/city are you in?

Terminate the agency agreement & relist with an agent who is more interested in selling your place.

Other sites you might consider would be gumtree.com.au myhome.com.au or homehound.com.au

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell

Being an ex agent myself, I only placed owners on Realestate and domain. the others dont generate any leads.
    Just be aware of inflated internet prices, each agent will give you different costs and In most cases you can get it for free as the agents pay by monthly fee not per property.

Profile photo of mcgrandlesmcgrandles
    @mcgrandles

thank you  im  on gumtree sa and i found a few other s that i now list on i may at a later date go with an other agent  but for now less pressure selling it my self  had people through and they met me then i had someone else answer questions for me they asked how can they make an offer i said through my conveyancer or direct to me or sms what ever makes them comfortable  i have put price down  by the amount  of the agents fee and i will be happy with the nearest offer on that .strokes can get anyone at any time and at any age  ( ps i was the only one in rehab that had their own teeth) lol so thank you for all your comments

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.