All Topics / General Property / prepurchase building and pest inspection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of propertybeepropertybee
    @propertybee

My offer to purchase an established residential property has been accepted yesterday and I understand that the cooling off period here in WA is 5 business days from day of acceptance? which in my case starts tomorrow,;  and the property and pest inspection report has to be done within this 5 day period. 

What is a cooling off period? Is this when I can withdraw from purchasing without losing my deposit?

How can a property inspection and pest inspection report be done within the 5 day period or in less than 5 days?

Can anybody who had some experience hiring some, or know some good ones, recommend me a
     1.good building inspector and termite/pest inspector? I understand that the building inspector must be a registered builder or structural engineer.
     2. termite pest inspector

How much is the reasonable cost of a building inspection with report and also of a termit/pest inspection report?

thanks in advance.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    propertybee wrote:

My offer to purchase an established residential property has been accepted yesterday and I understand that the cooling off period here in WA is 5 business days from day of acceptance? which in my case starts tomorrow,;  and the property and pest inspection report has to be done within this 5 day period. 

What is a cooling off period? Is this when I can withdraw from purchasing without losing my deposit?

How can a property inspection and pest inspection report be done within the 5 day period or in less than 5 days?

Can anybody who had some experience hiring some, or know some good ones, recommend me a
     1.good building inspector and termite/pest inspector? I understand that the building inspector must be a registered builder or structural engineer.
     2. termite pest inspector

How much is the reasonable cost of a building inspection with report and also of a termit/pest inspection report?

thanks in advance.

If the form you have signed is the 810 then you are now 'live' – there is no cooling off period in WA.

I am not sure who was advising you on your conditions and what you were signing but good luck getting a pest and building inspection done and reported within 5 days. You will need to be on your bike first thing tomorrow.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.