All Topics / Help Needed! / Warner, QLD – your thoughts or knowledge appreciated!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of gronk007gronk007
    @gronk007
    Hi All,

Have been "offered" a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, DLUG, fully landscaped property in Warner, QLD, and am doing lots of homework on the area as we speak (or as much as I can do without being in QLD). I've found this little excerpt online:

"Warner is a suburb north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Its Local Government Area is the Moreton Bay Region located 22 kilometres north of the Brisbane central business district. Warner is situated east of Lake Samsonvale and west of the urban localities of Strathpine, Brendale, Bray Park and Lawnton"

"The predominant style of development in this community is Park Residential, however new urban developments are occurring in this area. Warner has recently undergone refurbishment from rural land usage to urban. Prior to this, the predominant use of the land was rural, and Warner still contains many rural properties.

Post-2000 establishments in Warner include the Warner Lakes housing estate on 206 hectares of land previously used for potato farming, and a retail and commerce estate on the corner of Samsonvale Road and Old North Road which is the location of the first financial institution established in Warner, The Bank of Queensland. Roads have recently been upgraded in parts of Warner, which now includes three sets of traffic lights. Further development to the area has led to the inclusion of a McDonalds, Subway, Warner Chinese Restaurant and The Warner Tavern."

Another excerpt from a local real estate: "Warner is fast becoming one of north Brisbane’s most prestigious suburbs, with exciting new developments offering a relaxed lifestyle for everyone. Offering parks, walking trails, kids play areas and a wide variety of all local amenities. Close to Schools, major shopping centre’s, medical facilities plus bus and train services within close proximity" – I believe REAs as much as I believe in the tooth fairy, so I'm asking everyone on here for help.

Can anyone around the area or state tell me a little more about Warner and its surrounds? Seems a little sleepy, and I'm a little sceptical, but will keep doing my homework today and throughout the week.

Any feedback much appreciated

Profile photo of JNMJNM
    @jnm

I am from Melbourne and currently in Queensland for property related business. I have been staying at a relative's place in Bray Park, which is near Warner. The surrounding suburbs of warner, e.g Bray park, Lawnton have lots of housing commission houses and above-average percentage of working class/unemployed people. There's nothing really exciting around – the area is simply a more affordable area of Brisbane. 
    You do not mention how much you've been offered the house for! It's all relative, what is your buying goal? to live in or rent? If for investment, what is your investment purpose and strategy? You have to ask these fundamental questions in order to determine whether what's on offer at warner is a good fit for your purpose and strategy? 
    Prices are generally down in queensland at teh moment and there are an over supply of stock, bad time for sellers. 
    There are some nice places in warner as well, but you will need to look very closely – either come yourself to hve a look or hire someone here to check it out for you. 
    Warner is an old farm area, still quite a few large acreage properties. 
    Other question to consider is if considering buying for investment – what kind of tenants do you foresee as renting this 4b/r property? 
    hope this helps somehow.
    JNM 

Profile photo of ramayneramayne
    @ramayne

I work in the Warner area and see some pretty interesting things… There are some houses/streets which are pretty Ghetto so be aware of what demographic you lease too.

Don’t want to put you off the area by any means just be aware that there is the potential to end up as the motorbike in the lounge room story that property presenters talk about……

Hope this helps….??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.