All Topics / Help Needed! / What are your thoughts on Geraldton, WA?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MrLasVegasMrLasVegas
    Participant
    @mrlasvegas

Hi all,

I’ve been researching Geraldton in WA and so far my opinion is that the area is good not great. There has been some talk of potentially being the next Port Headland, but I’m not sure the facts and infrastructure projects are in place to support that.

Can you please share your thoughts and research on Geraldton, including if you would or have invested there, outlook for the future, thoughts about being the next Port Headland, average population growth forecasts, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of mrs pmrs p
    @mrs-p

Hi Mr Las Vegas

I am a local Gero chick and an investor in the local and northwest markets.  Gero not only has an awesome outlook going forward from here but the amount of business investment and activity here already underpinning the local economy is quite impressive.  Not sure about the depth of your local knowledge but this is a hugely sucessful rock lobster and farming centre as well so there will always be other industries supporting the region when mining goes through its downturns-as it does.

There are of course billions of dollars of projects on the cards- Oakajee port being the main player- Coling Barnett has said several times that this will go ahead regardless of govt. funding cuts and which company wants to pay for it etc. as it is essential to this state.  He ha schampioned it for many years now. They are awaiting the developing company's finance plan and have just extended the timeframe- as soon as this is approved and the all clear is given there will be a frenzy of investors trying to snap up properties so I guess now would be a good time to get serious about Gero as there are some bargains to be had.  The SKA- Square Kilometre Array Project is another multi billion dollar project Gero has been earmarked for as well- this would be HUGE!  If you haven't heard of this -google it- it's quite a fascinating project.

There aren't the native title issues like up north  but there are similar building cost retsrictions which will keep prices firm. No offence to the northwest but Gero is also a little more cosmo than the Pilbara- easy to get to Perth with excellent schooling options and an awesome climate with so many lifestyle benefits that go along with that.  My hubby is a tradie with lots of friends up there who are on their mark ready to jump ship as soon as these big projects get approved as they can't wait to get back to living in gero.

If you want any more specific local info on suburb recommendations, just message me and I'd be glad to fill you in,mrs p

Profile photo of tigermigertigermiger
    Participant
    @tigermiger

Hi Mr Las Vegas,
    Geraldton was listed in the API magazine for March as part of the '20  Hotspots primed to benifit from major infrasturcture projects'. Various comments made by Terry Ryder:
    – Geraldton and surrounding mid west towns will particular benefit
    – is already a solid regilanl centre
    – prospects of getting the $2.5bil Square Kilometer Array project nearby, an international space project

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    tigermiger wrote:
    API magazine for March as part of the '20  Hotspots primed to benifit from major infrasturcture projects'. Various comments made by Terry Ryder:

This is the same guy who listed Merredin as the next hot spot ~12months ago.

Needs more of a recommendation than an API magazine article.

Profile photo of DetroitDan9DetroitDan9
    @detroitdan9

MrLV,

What are the returns you are looking to get from WA? Or in general for that matter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.