All Topics / Finance / Refinancing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of rhiannarhianna
    @rhianna

Does anyone know if the banks accept a letter from employer when refinancing. Going back to work shortly after mat leave, i have a letter stating my salary and return to work date but no payslips as yet. 

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Rhianna, most banks will be ok with Mat leave return. As long as you explain this to them- and provide proof ie past payslip + letter – you will not have a problem.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of HomeLoanExpertsHomeLoanExperts
    Participant
    @homeloanexperts

Yes this is acceptable to a few lenders as an exception to normal policy. Please note that due to new legislation that was introduced on the 1/1/2011 some lenders are being cautious to any policy exceptions where the customer cannot prove that they can afford the loan with their current income.

If you are borrowing >80% of the property value then you are unlikely to be approved.

The policy from one of our lenders for maternity leave mortgages is as follows:

Process: 

• applicants payslips (from the last 3 months prior to commencing parental leave)
    • letter from employer confirming employment and salary
    • letter from employer stating the terms of the parental leave, particularly the return date and the employment tenure upon return (FT, PT or casual)

Credit decision

• how long to they have before they return to work?
    • do they have liquid reserves to fall back on?  Do they have any cash to fall back on if they are unable to service in absense of the female's income?  
    • does the SP allow for child care costs
    • does the SP include DSS payments which may cease upon their return to work
    • have they included expenses for the new child

Upon considering all of the above, if acceptable the lender can take up to 100% of the income.

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell
    rhianna wrote:

Does anyone know if the banks accept a letter from employer when refinancing. Going back to work shortly after mat leave, i have a letter stating my salary and return to work date but no payslips as yet. 

rhianna most banks will be happy with this. Which lender are you going to?

Profile photo of HomeLoanExpertsHomeLoanExperts
    Participant
    @homeloanexperts

By the way there is a template for a  returning from maternity leave employment letter here. Just scroll down the page for the wording for maternity leave. Generally you will need to provide a little more evidence than just a letter, primarily showing your income from when you were working to backup the letter itself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.