All Topics / Help Needed! / Thailand Holiday – Whoopee or Not

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

Owe look I just got a fax from 'who knows'

They offering me for today only 7 night accom in Thailand (Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya)

I note at the bottom of the offer 'this accommodation also includes a 90min presentation'… Now these sorts of presentations I have read about…

I wonder where they got my fax number.. Do people go just for the holiday.. I know not to buy anything

Profile photo of pinkboypinkboy
    Participant
    @pinkboy

If it sounds too good to be true…

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Intrigue wrote:
    Owe look I just got a fax from 'who knows'

They offering me for today only 7 night accom in Thailand (Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya)

I note at the bottom of the offer 'this accommodation also includes a 90min presentation'… Now these sorts of presentations I have read about…

I wonder where they got my fax number.. Do people go just for the holiday.. I know not to buy anything

Excellent, everyone loves a free 90 minute presentation :)
    Are they throwing in flights as well?
    I get the odd spam fax every now and then – no free trips to Thailand though…..

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

An overseas version of two tiered marketing methinks.

Some of the more popular tourist destinations have locals specifcially employed to collect names, accomodation details etc of o/seas holiday makers using tricky means. Then the pressure starts with phone calls to encourage people along to seminars.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

It's Timeshare.

I went to a presentation and got a "free" weeks accom. You also had to go to the 90 min presentation at the resort. It cost me $90 to register. I got a "free" week in a lovely resort on the Gold Coast for a week with my kids. Booked the presentation in one morning. Went, listened and said no thanks and went to the beach.

I went to 2 presentations in Las Vegas and got free show tickets and a free seafood buffet.

You don't HAVE to buy.

Some of them put too many restrictions on now though. I have one coupon here but you have to name 3 different months AND three different areas. Too hard. How can you say you'll be able to travel to different parts of the world at different times when you don't know what you'll get?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Catalyst wrote:
    IYou don't HAVE to buy.

Good point. I guess if you look it that way it could end up being a really cheap holiday. Perhaps it’s time to start paying attention to spam faxes…..

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TC62TC62
    @tc62

Just sounds like all the same <moderator: delete language> you get from all those east coast wealth creation companies like ABC, Premium Finance Services, Ironfish, Optima Equity Solutions that fly you interstate to flog you one of their investment properties. BTDT, not interested!

CHEERS!
    TC

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    TC62 wrote:
    Just sounds like all the same <moderator: delete language> you get from all those east coast wealth creation companies like ABC, Premium Finance Services, Ironfish, Optima Equity Solutions that fly you interstate to flog you one of their investment properties. BTDT, not interested!

CHEERS!
    TC

Not exactly the same. Your examples fly to to JUST hear their spiel and you get your flight reimbursed IF you buy something.
    I figure if you are going to the place (say Thailand) for a holiday why not stay an extra week for nothing (other than your 90 minutes).
    As I said- read the fineprint though.

It's like the "free" seminars TAGR and the like. You go, you get free books etc and SOME people pay thousands of dollars to join their mentorships etc. THAT's how they make their money. Everyone else gets the free information and books etc. Up to you how much you want to pay.

Profile photo of CoastalHolidayRentalsCoastalHolidayRentals
    Participant
    @coastalholidayrentals

I have received these fax's many times

Profile photo of Ultra PropertyUltra Property
    @ultra-property

Thailand, wish I was there now. Great food and so much to see.

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi Intrigue,

OR NOT :)

Angel

Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

I didnt take up the offer (no flights included).

However a free week in Thailand is appealing. Maybe next time I'll call and say 'include the flights and I'm there!' hee hee

Profile photo of SAS BuildingSAS Building
    @sas-building

Many years ago, I got flown to Queensland for free to look at some units that were for sale off the plan… Day 1 was fairly relaxed so i visited a few estate agencies in the area so i could compare apples with apples, Day 2 was intense, they ran a presentation then somehow split myself and a friend of mine into different rooms and tried the heavy sell… To the point where they were furious that neither myself, or my mate were interested. It was actually quite amusing to see ho irate the sales team were getting ! but then again I have a warped sense of humour.

My advise would be to steer clear, even if they are paying the air fares !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.