All Topics / Help Needed! / I have allocated $400K to invest in next property – wld like to spend say $300K renovate & hold… where?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Sick of SpruikersSick of Spruikers
    @sick-of-spruikers

I have allocated $400K to invest in next property – ideally we like a buy in of less than $300K to renovate & hold… where?    We would like to build/renovate for rental & most importantly capital growth.   I'm open to suggest anywhere in the triangle from say Brisbane , Sunshine Coast, Gympie and out to Toowoomba….  ideas?

Profile photo of DetroitDan9DetroitDan9
    @detroitdan9

SoS,

What type of returns are you looking for with your buy and hold?

Have you ever considered investing a small portion of that allocated money in a property in the USA?

Speaking from my own experience, for $30,000 in a Michigan Suburb you can net around $500/mo after taxes and insurance (rent somewhere between $800-900), with potential for capital gains in the future.

Just a thought. :)

Take care,

Dan

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Dan

Big difference in Australia you can borrow 95% of the purchase price in most suburbs so make your return on OPM.

In Michigan you can borrow diddly squat.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of DetroitDan9DetroitDan9
    @detroitdan9

That is true about not being able to borrow in Michigan – the banks are extremely tight right now.

What are investors netting in Australia with borrowed money, based on the purchase price, and rents in Australia?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.