All Topics / General Property / Quarterly fee’s high??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of shanemattshanematt
    @shanematt

I have a 3 bedroom unit and the quarterly fee's are $924. Its a small block of 4 and they are all 3 bedders.

There is nothing wrong with the building (red brick) and there's no special levy coming up or saving for anything particular in the future apart from general maintainance.

Does $924 seem high for a small block of this nature compared to others out ther?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

What are the levies comprised of? Council rates, insurance, garden/lawns, common area mtnce etc.

Profile photo of maz_lcmaz_lc
    @maz_lc

I live in a large block of 36 units we have a lift. Also we are undergoing a dispute with the builder as there are defects in the building. I pay the same amount, so I would suggest you are paying to much.
    At the end of last year our Strata Company started charging about $1000 a quarter.
    The body corporateelected to change strata companies and that is almost $100 in savings.
    I would speak to the other owners in the building and suggest researching for a new strata team to manage your property.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Sounds pretty expensive. Is their a swimming pool?

To put it into perspective, I have a 3 bedroom townhouse in a complex of about 16 that costs $450 per quarter and a 2 bedroom unit in a complex of 20 that costs about $300 per quarter.

When I was searching for an IP up in Logan last year I was surprised at how expensive the body corporate fees were – which was generally the result of communal swimming pool areas.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of kapilvkapilv
    @kapilv

Hello guys,Yes i also thinks that you are paying much higher because i am also living in 2 bedroom suite and paying 400$ for that quarterly.but no problem you can discuss the whole matter with owner.let him know that he is charging on you quite high.tell him to provide some extra facility to you in that range.

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Without any indication of where the unit is how can anyone make a judgement. If you were in the Astor Apartments, the levies are more like $4-5k per month.

I was paying over $500 + $200 rates + $125 water pq for a one bedder with no pool, no concierge, no gym etc. Get over it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.