All Topics / Creative Investing / Pest Inspection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of SemethaSemetha
    @semetha

Hi everybody,

Could you let me know why we order Pest Inspection? What do we get via it and how long does it take?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pest report

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

very important
    only cost 250 dollars vs. termite damage 100k++
    you spend thousand dollars on property and would like to save few hundred dollars
    on building and pest inspection…. hmmm

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

You get it to see if there are pests. Or more importantly damage from pests.

Termites can be hard to spot and damage can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

It's a safeguard. Same as a building inspection.

Profile photo of ksherwellksherwell
    @ksherwell

As an ex real estate agent, I have heard some horror story's, this should be on top of your list before purchasing, as well as a building inspection. You never know what lays beneath or in between the walls. regards

Profile photo of danyledanyle
    @danyle

On inspecting an open house today the real estate agent told us that the terms of the contract will be 3 day for B&P inspection and 14 days for finance! Happy to have Building & Pest done, but not happy that were being told timeframes. Is this normal for RE to suggest? Never been told this before and not considering putting in an offer now…. well not in the region of the asking price anyway and B&P will be looked at prior to offer. (in QLD)

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

not usually the done thing but you can always negotiate longer timeframes.

Profile photo of Tech4uTech4u
    @tech4u

quick question: we don't need this inspection if it is an strata apartment? of course in that case review of building/ strata report is important.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a
    danyle wrote:

On inspecting an open house today the real estate agent told us that the terms of the contract will be 3 day for B&P inspection and 14 days for finance! Happy to have Building & Pest done, but not happy that were being told timeframes. Is this normal for RE to suggest? Never been told this before and not considering putting in an offer now…. well not in the region of the asking price anyway and B&P will be looked at prior to offer. (in QLD)

The terms of the contract can be changed to whatever you like before you sign, three days for building and pest is something you shouldn't agree to without a compelling reason, quite a strange request from the selling agent but doesn't surprise me.

Profile photo of Personal Leadership DevelopmentPersonal Leadership Development
    @personal-leadership-development

you have received some good info with regards to this matter: Every offer for a property i put in, I have it subject to pest inspection.

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi all,

I just had one of our properties inspected with a company called NEVERFAIL. They used a motion sensitive detector called TERMATRAC. I received the pest report straight away, and was given the clean bill of health.

I was so happy.

Angel

PS: This is the first them I’ve hired them to do an inspection. I am not an owner, or part-owner of the company. I am NOT a paid representative. This is NOT an endorsement. I am merely a satisfied customer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.