All Topics / Help Needed! / sea views with house $100k

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Is there still any property close by the water that sells around $100,000 with a house in QLD, small towns or islands etc?

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Keiko

Based on the lack of responses and my gut feel, I'd guess, probably not.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Thanks Paul.

Does anyone know of any where around say $150k???

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Here's another gut feel: if such an area exists, people are probably busy buying up rather than posting here.

I think you'll have better luck expressing your interest to RE agents in the area and doing a good hunt on the real estate websites. Weekly property listings in the local paper are also worth checking out.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

In NSW you are probably still able to get a place in Sawtell, Tuncurry or Forster (all walking to the coastline) at a low price. I think in forster the units start at 120k for a 2br, which in my opinion remains very attractive value. Its got good access to coastline and its not too crowded. However as you might expect .. some of these areas come with issues.

Profile photo of pinkboypinkboy
    Participant
    @pinkboy

Having done the Ironman in Forster/Tuncurry, I can vouch it is a very nice area, close to nice beaches etc. I guess it would be a little bit of a sleepy town, with a lot of retirees in the area. I know nothing of it’s RE there, haven’t been there since the last IM there in 2005.

You would be hard pressed to even find land in Qld for $100k near coastline.

Pinkboy

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Hi there,
    We are about to sell some 2 bedroom strata units, bordering the beach reserve, listing price will be $130K, currently rented at $175 per week.  So yes beachside properties are out there, even with a good (7%) yield!
    Cheers,
    Tracey

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Try Russell Island, land starts at $27k. Houses sell in the 150-170k range http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-russell+island-107204476

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.