All Topics / Value Adding / Changing floorplan for maximum results??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of marsmacmarsmac
    Participant
    @marsmac

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have just bought a place in regional NSW. It’s a deceptively large house when you walk through it and wanted to know the best way to change the floorplan to add maximum value.

We were thinking of
    1. Enclosing the Family/Bed 4 to make a 4th bedroom
    2. Making the laundry/2nd toilet area into a 2nd bathroom

Does anyone have any suggestions with how to change the floorplan? The 3 family areas at the top right of the property is an extension so it doesn’t really ‘flow’ with the rest of the house.

Thanks,

Martin

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

nice house! nice and big…

I dont know about changing the floor plan to add value; wouldn’t it make more “financial” sense to do renovations and touch up the existing place to make it more attractive to home-owners who are after a dream/GRAND home…

ie – Make your family area connect to your outside balcony – turning it to an OPEN alfresco!! …always brings good money

Just my thoughts.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I would covert the LOUNGE into a master bedroom, and make the current bathroom an ensuite by cutting out some of the wall to make a door – a sliding door if need be – and closing off the original bathroom doorway, converting it to plaster wall.  I would then remove all the internal walls of the respective Family rooms to make one monster size family room.  I'd probably knock out the main wall of the dining room as well to make it a little more open plan.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

… or convert lounge to master bedroom, leave existing bathroom as is, and convert part of the dining room into an ensuite.  Knock out interior walls of family rooms to make a big large space.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of RenoTeamRenoTeam
    @renoteam

Hi marsmac :)

Changing your floor plan can sometimes depend a lot on budget, current building spec’s and also council regulations. What state is this property in?

Profile photo of RenoTeamRenoTeam
    @renoteam

Sorry I just re-read your post, in NSW :) I’d have a chat to council & a local builder to see what would work within your budget and have the most profitable end return. Is it an investment to rent out or sell?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.