All Topics / Help Needed! / Agent failed to disclose an offer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of stefalexstefalex
    @stefalex

After the property failed to reach the reserve price at auction, our agent was negotiating the price with an interested party. He rejected the offer without consulting me as he thought the price was low. I was prepared for negotiation and the offer was in my range.

All that happend at the end of November last year. Since then I did’t have any offer close to the original one. The agent suggest to lower the asking price due to the slow market.

What is his/real-estate agency’s responsibility in this case. Your thoughts and advice are welcomed!

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money
    Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Find another REA.

Also, is there a chance of contacting the potential buyer who placed the offer in November? Perhaps you could knock-out the middle man and reduce your selling costs.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

has the agent admitted that he didn’t pass on this offer? Was it evidenced in writing? You may be able to seek some disciplinary action or redress via the oft or vcat.

Profile photo of michaelandre70michaelandre70
    @michaelandre70

Bad experience! you should consider hiring a new agent. which agency was it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.