All Topics / Help Needed! / RP Data v Pricefinder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of delaneyvbdelaneyvb
    @delaneyvb

Hi all,
    I'm looking at getting a subscription to either RP Data or Pricefinder.
    Can anyone tell me their pros and cons of either product?
    Thanks
    D

Profile photo of Matt.BMatt.B
    @matt.b

I have used PriceFinder as part of Real Estate Investar membership, and it is really quite easy to use and learn.   The information provided is probably going to be the same as RP Data, but the way it is presented is extremely useful.  Through the use of Google Maps and Google street view, you can get a colour coded outline for an area showing recent sales, price brackets, rental rates, etc.  Really helpful stuff.

<moderator: delete advertising>

Good luck.

Profile photo of Matt JonesMatt Jones
    Participant
    @mattjones

Hi guys

I have used both RPData  and PF and find PriceFinder is more user friendly and has exactly the same data available, plus their iphone app is great and the interactive mapping is way simpler to use. Plus there is a cool trick you can use to find splitter blocks in a particular area – very valuable!

<moderator: delete advertising>

Cheers,
    Mat

Matt Jones | Property Resource Shop
    https://www.propertyresourceshop.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Learn What It Takes To Instantly Access All The Partners, Money, Deals and Strategies You Need, To Truly Make It In Property Investing and Leave Your Day Job Behind...

Profile photo of rodgorodgo
    @rodgo

I was told it can take up to 12 weeks for price finder to enter a property sale into there system. What service is out there that will give me recent sales results ie. most recent weekend auctions?

Participant
    @mattjones

Hi Rodgo

I'm finding the turn around time now is less than a month for PriceFinder, depending on which state. I don't know any resource that will give information within days. Best bet is to call the agent on Monday

Cheers,
    Matt

Email Me | Phone Me

Learn What It Takes To Instantly Access All The Partners, Money, Deals and Strategies You Need, To Truly Make It In Property Investing and Leave Your Day Job Behind...

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Yes, the reason that you cant get immediate results is that it sometimes takes that long before the sale price gets to the titles office- it is not a function of the data or the service itself.
    As Matt says – call the agent on the Monday and see if they will give you the price. Or watch the sales yourself.
    You dont really need values so immediately as its not an exact science. You can spend all your time getting values but then the market shifts- there is an interest rate rise or fall and it all changes the landscape. Just because that house sold for $X does not necessarily mean that the next one will sell of $x or $x+Z… it is an overall moving value. Its helpful but not exact so dont get hung up on the immediacy of the numbers – go with what the market is telling you.
    PRData used to call us immediately after an auction to get the sale price. They are both expensive to get into – I would not bother too much unless I really think something is a good buy.
    But it helps to make it cheaper – so if Matt is offering to be part of a subscription – then it will be more worthwhile………

Profile photo of rodgorodgo
    @rodgo

What about all the auction results that REIV publish after a weekend. Cant pricefinder etc take these results and input them into there database>?

Participant
    @mattjones

Hi Rodgo

PriceFinder can only input data from government advice, ie once the sale goes through the titles office which is why it can take up to 4 weeks to publish.

Data also gets published from some agents that are more eager to make the information public – this is is rare and is indicated next to the entry saying 'agents advice'

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Matt

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of grego99grego99
    Participant
    @grego99

RealEstate Investar have switched to using Australian Property monitors. I assume they use the same data as RP and Price Finder
    Can anyone confirm this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.