All Topics / Value Adding / Developing 3 Units in Western Suburbs of Melbourne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JimMJimM
    @jimm

I'm looking for advice/suggestions as to the best way to go about having my house knocked down and building 3 units on the property. I want this to be as hands-OFF as possible. Is there a builder in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne who could manage this from go to whoa? Do I look for a 'big builder' who can offer their designs and fittings etc.? Do I look for a "project manager"? Obviously, I am looking for the most economical and headache free way. Can anyone please help?

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

PM – would make it less stressful …but in term of return on your property …his fee might eat up any profit you make- since it’s such a Small project! ( normally you hire a PM, if your building more then 6+)

Either way, if you got with a builder that does everything (including fittings and landscaping etc..) at a FIX price, you will find they will assign you a “pm/builder” to your project anyway…..and builders should be able to do everything from “council approval – > Completing stage.

But you will still need to organize your own finance and legals etc…

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of carollokcarollok
    Participant
    @carollok

u can consider engaging a development consultant, or town planner & architect first to get the planning permit & building permits, and go from there….let me know if you need help

Profile photo of fdafda
    @fda

Jim,

You should look for a building designer or an architect who is willing to design, tender for builder and monitoring the construction. Let me know if you need a contact, I know someone who does everything for a relatively low fee mind you there are not many designers would want to be involved during construction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.