All Topics / General Property / Rates Notice valuation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of karlm63karlm63
    Participant
    @karlm63

Hi,
    Just a quick question,
    I bought the magazine your investment property today Feb 2011 issue.
    There is a story which caught my eye which is titled THE TRUTH ABOUT RENOVATING FOR PROFIT and half way through the story the person says he put in an offer of $250,000 which was accepted then in brackets he says the (rates notice valuation).
    My question is what is a rates notice val and is that a true reading of the property value or is that just the land value?
    Thanks

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

Yes that is the land value, not taking into consideration any improvements on the land.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The rates notice valuation (in NSW) bears very little relevance to the price that you might purchase the property. It is used solely to determine how much you will pay for council rates & services.

It does not take into consideration the house or other improvements on the land which may exist.

Profile photo of bm17bm17
    Participant
    @bm17
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    The rates notice valuation (in NSW) bears very little relevance to the price that you might purchase the property. It is used solely to determine how much you will pay for council rates & services.

It does not take into consideration the house or other improvements on the land which may exist.

This is the same in Victoria

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Ditto in the ACT.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of karlm63karlm63
    Participant
    @karlm63

Hi All,
    So if the rates notice is the value for the land how can they purchase the house for that price ?
    Thanks karlm

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    blairmason17 wrote:

This is the same in Victoria

I’ll beg to differ here, in Victoria rates can be & are charged on each part of a block/tenancy even if no subdivision exists. Hence you might get 2 or more notices for the one block.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.