All Topics / Commercial Property / Joint ventures in commercial property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Personal Leadership DevelopmentPersonal Leadership Development
    @personal-leadership-development

Where can we find partners for joint ventures in commercial property, It appeals to me but dont have the cash to put down for a deposit.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

What background are you from? ie do you have experience in property development, finance etc….IF not then i dont know of anybody that will “fork out the cash” for a joint ventrue :( sorry.

I have connection with a range of people who are willing to provide private funds in joint partnership BUT generally speaking; In any joint venture – you will have to either

1. Provide Cash
    2. Provide experience, connection and backing for the venture.

If you dont have any of the 2 above, and just want to start from scratch ! no chance lol.

Your best option is to stick with the residential property for now, and once y our IP or PPOR builds up at least 35% equity- you can use this as your “cash” to fund your commercial deals.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Shape wrote:
    What background are you from? ie do you have experience in property development, finance etc….IF not then i dont know of anybody that will "fork out the cash" for a joint ventrue :( sorry. I have connection with a range of people who are willing to provide private funds in joint partnership BUT generally speaking; In any joint venture – you will have to either 1. Provide Cash 2. Provide experience, connection and backing for the venture. If you dont have any of the 2 above, and just want to start from scratch ! no chance lol. Your best option is to stick with the residential property for now, and once y our IP or PPOR builds up at least 35% equity- you can use this as your "cash" to fund your commercial deals. Regards Michael

SHape

What would be the starting interest rate that your private lenders are wanting?

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Keiko – it Depends on the deal and detail…So if you want either PMS some details or post it for all to share :)

I had a deal for a buyer who wanted to fund some purchase in the US, and it was for a purchase of a Business in the US as well…one would think this is a “commercial/ private lending” deal…But you be surprise to know it was placed as a residential deal at 7.2% interest, 30 years term and with a respectable lender – HSBC.

But in general; most private/international lenders ( if your loan goes to a private lender)
    Current rate: Feb 2011

Residential AAA class deal – 7.5% – 5 years term Max
    Residential AA Class Deal – 7.8% – Up to 15 Years
    Commercial/ Non conforming AA – 8.9%
    Commercial/ Non conforming A – 9.5%

B and C class – start from 9% Min.

I will normally avoid private lender like a plague; but if nobody would finance it, or if it gets to hard because of your situation….then you really have no choice.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Personal Leadership DevelopmentPersonal Leadership Development

HI SHAPE, TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, 

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THE CAPS AND THAT LAST POST, I AM USING MY MOBILE PHONE WHICH SEEMS TO BE PLAYING UP, I HOPE YOU WILL EXCUSE ME…TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, MY BACKGROUND IS SIMPLY THAT I AM A 20 YEAR OLD TRYING DESPERATELY TO GET IN THE MARKET. I HAVE RECENTLY INVESTED OVER 10K ON MENORING COURSES, AND MY AIM IS TO USE THE SKILLS I LEARN AS A FORM OF CREDIBILITY TO ENABLE ME TO ENTER A JOINT VENTURE WITH SOMEONE, WHO PERHAPS HAS MORE MONEY THAN TIME.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

There is some guy who frequently advertises in the Sydney Morning Herald (Saturday) either under self-employment or real estate seeking capital and will give you his experience. This sounds like it might be up your alley.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Chris Lang has been helping people form private syndicates for years. If you Google his name you will find him easily enough.

Regards
    Alistair

Thanks for the helpful info guys, I have recently become involved with a great bunch of people and we are all moving forward into the realms of property. Since my last post, I have been putting in an offer for a property every single day and my knowledge is growing by day. I now have close access to a very successful property developer who is now mentoring me on a daily basis.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.