All Topics / Overseas Deals / How to Acquire Income Property: 6 Easy Steps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of the.americandreamthe.americandream
    @the.americandream

BY: ROBERT KIYOSAKI AND DOLF DE ROOS

3 REASONS FOR REAL ESTATE INVESTING: 

NO#1 REASON: PASSIVE INCOME EACH MONTH

NO#2 REASON: TAX ADVANTAGES (I.E.1031 EXCHANGE)

NO#3 REASON: DEPRECIATION

NO#4 REASON: CAPITAL GAINS

6  BASIC STEPS TO REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT:

STEP ONE:    DECIDE TO BE AN INVESTOR

CONDITION YOUR MINDSET TO BECOME AN INVESTOR

INVEST IN YOUR EDUCATION

STEP TWO:    FIND AN AREA

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

DO RESEARCH ON REALTOR

FIND TRENDS OF STATES

STEP THREE:    INDENTIFY PROPERTIES

FIND A LICENCED REALTOR AGENT IN YOUR CHOSEN AREA

DETERMINE WHATS YOUR MAXIMUM INVESTMENT ALLOCATION

INDENTY THE TYPE OF PROPERTIES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN INVESTING

SINGLE FAMILY, CONDOMINIMUM, MULTI-FAMILY UNITS, ETC

STEP FOUR:     ANALYZE, OFFER AND NEGOTIATE

DETERMIND ROI

TRANSFER EARNEST FUNDING TO ESCROW

GET YOUR AGENT TO MAKE OFFER

ACCEPT OFFER OR RE-NEGOTIATE COUNTER OFFERS OR MULTIPLE OFFERS THROUGH ‘BEST OFFER’.

STEP FIVE:    PUTTING DEALS TOGETHER

GETTING YOUR FINANCING APPROVED

DOING YOU DUE DILIGENCE (INSPECTIONS, ELECTRICAL, PLUMING, PEST CONTROL, ETC)

SETTLE THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE

TRANSFER OF DEED TITLE BETWEEN SELLER TO BUYER

STEP SIX:    PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

SIGN CONTRACT WITH A LICENCED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY TO LOOK AFTER YOUR ASSETS.

MANAGEMENTS WILL ENSURE ALL TAXES, INSURANCE, MAINTENANCE AND RENT COLLECTION IS TAKEN CARE OF.

SET UP A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE NET PROCEEDS ARE DEPOSITED EACH MONTH.

PLEASE NOTE:  

‘YOU MUST HAVE ALL SIX STEPS INTACT IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR INVESTMENT DEAL WORK.

JUST ONE STEP MISSING WILL MEAN YOUR INVESTMENT DEAL WON’T EVENTUATE; HENCE THE WHOLE DEAL WILL FALL OVER.

IN ADDITION THESE STEPS WILL WORK IN ANY LOCATION, INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED.

<edited by admin>

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Easy to say; but not as east to execute!

Researching something 1000’s of KM away is not as easy as one can imagine, let alone trying to researching where in your OWN bank yard will go up and is a good buy….

Cheap, does NOT mean it’s a bargain.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of the.americandreamthe.americandream
    @the.americandream

I dont see distance as a concern, it just means I've got to do my due diligence even more than if it was a property selling next door to me. Without doing your part in research any investments is deemed risky. As your knowledge grow, so will your thirst for risk, in fact risk is a derivation of over paying for something, whose value is worth less than the price paid for. So if you can work out the correct price to pay for an asset, your risk level is pretty much mitigated if not reduced.

You have your point that cheap doesnt equate to bargin. Though buying something whose value is much higher than the price you pay will ensure you are taking lesser risk for the reward or benefits attached.

I've already purchased two properties from Michigan, had them rehab and is having a terrific property management company looking after them. Through this I'am receiving a nice passive income each month with little hassy. I may get calls from my managers from time to time to keep me abreast with any small maintenance that needs doing but besides that little on my part.

Once you have everything intack, your real estate properties pretty much looks after themselves and you're covered by insurance if some unforseen disaster that may take place. Hence as long as you have the cussion to fall under, it's really a no brainer in my honest opinion.

Thanks you for your thoughts Michael.

Eamonson.

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

"Easy to say; but not as east to execute!

Researching something 1000's of KM away is not as easy as one can imagine, let alone trying to researching where in your OWN bank yard will go up and is a good buy…."

–Totally agree Shape !!

"I dont see distance as a concern,"

—Disagree American dream!!

Long term holding properties in the usa is not easy !
    Just make sure you get into an area where you can manage or/have it managed  with integrity.
    I
    The truest thing i have found in the states is that the real estate business culture tends to be
    money first ,people second.
    Which is the opposite to Aus IMO.

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of the.americandreamthe.americandream
    @the.americandream

Hi World Changer, thanks for your insightful post.

It can be argued as being similar to having a long distant relationship. Those that has little trust of the relationship working, invariably end up stabotaging the relationship. Hence what their mind conceived their mind clearly achieved.

Whilst those that are willing to be bold and to give it a shot at it, invariably but not always, achieve their desired goals. Though I validate your argument against distances as a barrier for entry, I disagree that it isn't impossible for a few minority that has successfully wired into their subconscious mind of success, and will endervour to do what ever it is needed to make things work out.

Opportunity doesn't come to you, it is created through you seeking it. The more you desire change, your mind has an incredible way of thinking creatively to create those opportunities.

I agree with you with integrity. Warren Buffet even said that you want to employ someone that has 3 qualities.

1) INTELLIGENCE
    2) ENERGY
    3) INTEGRITY

What he then say is if that person doesn't have the integrity, their energy and intelligence will rob you of all your wealth. That why a company greatest assets is in their integrity, as only this will ensure long term businesses for that enterprise.

In regards to your last paragraph on the integrity of US real estate agents, contrast to ours in Australia; I'll disagree! I think with any organization that is set up to make a profit, inclusive of Australian real estate agencies. Their first goal invariably, is to make an underlying profit for their shareholders. Hence invariably this means their first priority is themselves, second would be their clients (the vendor) and last is you, the buyer. Therefore, unless you can afford to hire a licenced buyer advocate in Australia, your priority as a buyer in the eye's of the vendor's agent is placed last. Whilst in America at least you can go and get yourself a license realtor agent that can act for you as a buyer advocate. They will only get paid by the vendor once a deal is negotiated. In this scenario, your priority as a buyer is clearly placed equal to that of the vendor, as both of you have your own agents that are working hard to negotiate a deal.

Thanks for your insight though made me think.

Eamonson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.