All Topics / Help Needed! / asbestos roof

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

Hello again,

My real estate agent tells me the IP I am planning to inspect tomorrow has an asbestos roof.

Has anyone got any advise as to costs and difficulties in replacing this roof.

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

If it is an IP or O/O for that matter, why would you not leave this roof- unless you intend drilling, crashing or smashing….

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

Okay I have inspected the home and I quite like it. The agent told me that the roof is okay providing it is not damanged and that often people that may be concerned have them paint sealed?

So I guess I am thinking that I don't have to immediately change the roof and it seems the current tenant don't care but I will need to factor in the cost of change in future.

What sort of money would I be talking.. I believe a new roof would be in the are of $7k – $10k but how much extra does it cost for all the specialty removal and disposal etc?

Profile photo of shawnjaspershawnjasper
    @shawnjasper

As long as the roof is still in good condition, you don't have to rush things. You could still plan on what you are going to do about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.