All Topics / Help Needed! / asbesto removal for house in archerfield, brisbane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland

Hi, all:

I got a rental property in archerfield, brisbane. The house is a high set house with just garage and laundry at ground floor which is  concret. The recent flooding even come up 10cm to the 1st floor. The internal lining is asbesto sheeting for small part of the ground floor and for whole area of the first floor where 3 bed and 1 kitchen are located. Tenants complain the moulding which come out recently.

Do any person have experience about procedure to fix back house into normal situation(what shalll be done)? Insurance inspector is not responsible for asbesto removal. What is the cost to remove asbesto if needed? Any phone number about reliable asbesto tradepeople to do it? thanks

Profile photo of NBSNBS
    @nbs

I'm a bit confused are you insured? or not, the sheeting may not need replacing however all the skirting and architraves do need to be removed to allow the timbers to dry. This drying process may need to be done by trained persons to ensure the timbers are dried enough to allow skirting etc to refixed. This can take some time to be carried out.

Brian

Profile photo of henry13aucklandhenry13auckland
    @henry13auckland
    NBS wrote:
    I'm a bit confused are you insured? or not, the sheeting may not need replacing however all the skirting and architraves do need to be removed to allow the timbers to dry. This drying process may need to be done by trained persons to ensure the timbers are dried enough to allow skirting etc to refixed. This can take some time to be carried out.

Brian

Hi, NBS:

Thanks for your reply and knowledge. Yes, I am insured. But the inspector still did not turn out as he may turn out this week at his earliest time.  It is good news if the sheeting may not need replacing. When the tenant complained mouldy condition 1 day ago, I asked my handyman to take a look. He suggest the mould originate from moisture trapped between external wall and internal lining. To let it dry, his suggestion is to cut the internal lining which is asbesto sheeting. Your suggestion is better and hassle free because the water come up the first floor only about 10cm.

The empty , ground floor is windy and dry. Wind can blow from all directions. I just need wait for the inspector to give me a good idea as asbesto removal is not covered by insurance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.