All Topics / Help Needed! / members alliance

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Profile photo of Gordie1080Gordie1080
    @gordie1080

I must say that there seems to be a lot of people joining up now who have similar type posts. Almost sounds like its all the same person. <moderator: delete personal comment>
    I dont care whether you got paid super or not. THis is something that is a personal issue with a campony and should not be on this forum.

I just want good advice. Thats it people. If anything, the campny members allaince is getting advertised through this forum and will probally get lots of people enquiring about them!! Im in the advertising game and know for a fact that negitive advertising works very well at producing leads. WOW thats my rant for the day. I feel good now.

Profile photo of Fergus_AFergus_A
    @fergus_a

Hi All,

I just have to ask the question, why would you use a company's services to purchase a property? Why not just purchase a property yourself using an independant solicitor? At least that way you remove any risk of someone ripping you off. Are they offering property for very litlle or no upfront deposit? If so you would have to question whether you are in a financial position to purchase in the first place.

Profile photo of Dale StokesDale Stokes
    @dale-stokes

If anybody has access to RPdata as realestate agents do, you would see that what they are selling you, they dont even own. <moderator: delete personal comment>

Profile photo of Gordie1080Gordie1080
    @gordie1080

Thanks SAM for your info about out of State investing. I will take that on board. We have decided to seek more infomation from our accountant at this stage and do some more research on the matter. My meeting was not that productive at all so back to the drawing board. Thanks

Profile photo of Dale StokesDale Stokes
    @dale-stokes

Hi Mark and Carrol, well it would seem by deleted comments that the forum does not like the comments being posted in relation to Members or Gordie. Might be a good idea if you find out from Members Alliance where their developments are currently and ask a realestate agents to check who it actually owned by. As it would seem that Members obviously have something to hide.

All the best with your investment stratagies.

Profile photo of groloconstructiongroloconstruction
    @groloconstruction

Amazing i have had a multiple of calls in relation to this forum. Shame that half the comments have been deleted Mark & Carrol unfortunately you will never understand the amount of people that have issues with the company. I do as a member of quite a large organisation that spans out across Australia i hear it all.

Profile photo of Sam Single MumSam Single Mum
    @sam-single-mum

From what i understand there is a new forum being developed to discuss the owners and practices of this company. I also know that due to it being a Public Forum our comments will not be deleted and you can find out first hand about the company. It has been developed by employee's currently working for the company along with a large association from Melbourne. Stay posted to learn all

@gordie1080
    Jack R wrote:
    Hi Mark, I'm interested on how you went. My husband and myself sat through the same information as you. We are seeing their office this week. I'm searching for more info on this company as well. thanks Jack

Myself and my wife sat through a very lengthy, in-depth and eye opening meeting with them llast week. After having reservations about having someone do everything for us (because I have been buying property for some years now) I am happy I took the plunge and wish I had done this about 10 yrs ago. The debt reduction side has been a real eye opener for us and the guy from members alliance explained everything so that it made sense. At the end of the day I guess to answer everyones question, they have all the tools that would take me months, even a year to do myself. We have the option to say no at anytime which is great for me. I say check it out but make sure you are 100% happy before you say yes to anything.

Profile photo of Free_willyFree_willy
    @free_willy

The general manager for Members Alliance was the State Manager for West Point in WA.

If you don't know about West Point it was a property developer that went into receivership (some financial planners were charged as well) and the directors were charged/ jailed for various deeds.

That should say it all.

Profile photo of fawoofawoo
    @fawoo

Hi Mark and Carolyn,
    My husband and I have also sat through a lengthy consultation session with someone from members alliance.  We have agreed to visit a consultant at the gold coast they have paid accomodation and a $100 travel voucher?  We are extremely wary firstly because the questions we wanted answered on our inital meeting were not.  Our main question was how does this company make their money, especially if their services are free?  They gave us a vague answer about long term percentages, however, how do they manage short term?
    We have decided to consult with an independant financial planner before making any commitments.
    Reading the comments on here have increased our concern, especially the one about West Point in WA, and the article about the plummber who got ripped off.
    Ann

Profile photo of jason84jason84
    @jason84

Hi, Members Alliance is a genunine reputable company. They contact people via telemarketing offering free financial advice, when its really only about property investment. They encourage you to purchase an investment property and explain how you can pay off that investment property before you retire instead of relying on superanuation etc. They also encourage people too consolidate there debts by offering a loan which has lower interest rates than credit cards etc. They make there money though the loans that they offer to certain people and though the investment properties that they want you to purchase. It also involves Negative Gearing. It can be really beneficial to some people providing that the investment property they want you to purchase doubles in value. My advice is not to sign or rush into anyting untill you are 100% sure that the investment property that they want you to purchase will increase in high value before you retire.

@gordie1080

Hi Jason, yes I have been using membersalliance mainly for debt reduction on current home and yes trying to now get into another property investment. They did not however just show us property they first showed us how to set up our fianances and then offered option of property. They sorted my insurance to which has been a big savings. So I kind of agree with some but not all your post. Basically they told us to do this and that and go away and come back and review after 4 months.

@gordie1080

Free willy can you tell me more about westpoint. I would like to know more. I ? our advisor and he said that the general manager was a State manager of westpoint and not involved. Read an article that over 300 people lost their jobs over the actions of a few which I cant find on google for the life of me. Would like to find out more on this if you can please.

@gordie1080
    Free_willy wrote:
    The general manager for Members Alliance was the State Manager for West Point in WA.

If you don't know about West Point it was a property developer that went into receivership (some financial planners were charged as well) and the directors were charged/ jailed for various deeds.

That should say it all.

For anyone who is interested I just did my homework on  Westpoint.

West point collapsed due to complications with mezzanine finance relating to the construction of high rise apartments. The business unit that the general manager of members alliance ran was completely unrelated and was involved with the selling of residential property. West point had approximately 120 companies within it's structure.

The genral manager of members alliance resigned when he became aware of what was happening within other areas of the westpoint business.

Profile photo of HelenMackHelenMack
    @helenmack

I have been checking this forum first question to this Gordie chap are you on Members Alliance payroll??? Same question to Jason???

As a client dealing with Members Alliance we bought a property and  researched how much properties for sale were…….you will find Members Alliance properties are over priced. We were provided with independant appraisals on the  property  and found a $80,000 difference in price. Not impressed with this fact. I have to ask is that their profit!! We cancelled our contract!

Also with the finance is it a good idea to put people into a line of credit…………the answer is NO!

Profile photo of Average MumAverage Mum
    Participant
    @average-mum

Bit late for some of you maybe but we came so close to be stung by Westpoint. A few years ago (would have been very close to exactly 6 years I think), after a telemarketer from Westpoint called we agreed to a meeting. Very slick, and although we were interested in investing in local real estate we actually ended up signing up to buy an apartment in melbourne (we're in Perth, never been to melbourne). Luckily after a night of worry, I smelled something iffy and went straight to the internet. I even sent a question to Fair Trading / Consumer Affairs or something similar and was unevquivocably told it was legimate and no one had made any complaints.
    More internet searching and it turns out the wonderful location and view from the apartment was a load of crap, there was a huge building immediately in front of the side 'our' apartment was on, the glossy brochure was lovely but it wasnt the same address as the apartment we'd agreed to – the apartments werent even fully built yet, and what was more, the same apartments were on sale on the ordinary market off the plan for half what we had agreed to. Lucky for us I knew there had to be a cooling off period by law (although they didnt tell us that!) so I sent a registered letter to stop the contract. The next week, Westpoint went under. A lucky escape.
    Interestingly, Members Alliance just telemarketed me (Im at a different address from where I was back then though) and tried to make an appointment for me to see a financial planner, reduce tax etc. Sounded good, I did and he's supposed to be ringing me to organise a meeting. I asked them on the phone what their general strategy is "property, shares etc" and the bloke on the phone said he wasnt high up enough in the company to know. Now I smelt a rat, so straight back on the internet again. Found this forum. Guess who wont be making an appointment?

Profile photo of Average MumAverage Mum
    Participant
    @average-mum
    Profile photo of Sold12Sold12
    @sold12

I went through a presentation and to me it was really crystal ball stuff. On paper it looks impressive when they say they can have your mortgage paid off in half the time, that we would have $100k in income in retirement and build wealth and so on and so on but it's all pure speculation. There are no guarantees.

What annoyed me was the woman who came and saw myself and my wife was so vague as to what it was all about. They obviously do this on purpose because if they say its about investing in property many people wouldn't agree to come in.

The presentation was soooo bloody long I just wanted to get the hell out of there. When we declined to proceed it became scary. They asked again and again and again then another guy (the boss maybe??) came in and tried to close. We werent interested and besides they really dont offer anything that you cant do yourself.

I can only imagine the commission they make on the property not to mention the standard commissions for doing the home loans.

My suggestion – Be very wary of the figures they throw about to try and impress you. As I said it's all speculation and there are no guarantees as what they predict is 5-10yrs away so if it doesnt eventuate they have well and truly made their money. To me it was like saying if you sign up you wont get cancer, you will win lotto and will be in love forever. Also – the presenters are NOT qualified in any way. I was under the impression they were qualified Financial Planners but they have no qualifications at all. They are just polished slightly aggressive sales peope. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Profile photo of quirtyquirty
    @quirty

I would not deal with company. I have invested with them and have had a nightmare of a time. They are currently over 6 months behind on my rental guarantee. The whole process and the way I was delt with has ruined my finances for many many years to come.

Profile photo of kjkeykjkey
    @kjkey

We have also been contacted by members alliance.  Anyone got any other opinions on them.  Have Enjoyed Steve McKnights approach to positively geared property and find a problem create a solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.