Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
    Participant
    @fingerscrossed

Hi

Has anyone considered investing or have already invested in Deniliquin NSW ?

It appears to have some nice little cashflow positive properties there.

Cheap house too !!

Fingerscrossed 

Profile photo of wallalongwallalong
    @wallalong

I spoke to an RE about Denilliguin after Xmas and he told me the  town rice mill was reopening after quite some time and that there were 100 jobs needing to be filled. Looks pretty good to me.

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Good cashflow and cheap houses, but are there good opportunities for capital growth and is the risk low or high? With property there are three things: Risk, Growth and Cashflow. You rarely get all three on the same deal.

cheers,
    Luke.

Profile photo of fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
    Participant
    @fingerscrossed

Hi Luke/Wallalong

I did know about the rice mill which is why it has my interest.

You can buy an older style home in deni for around $120,000 that will rent for $200 a week.  Demand for rentals is strong and exceeding supply.  Isnt this a combination for good Capital Growth ?

Good opportunity exists for renovations to add value or sub divide – most houses on large blocks.

There is risk everywhere you buy I reckon unless you have a budget of $500,000 plus to buy in close to Capital Cities and you can afford to negative gear for years to come.

Its hard to know where to put your hard earned bucks.  Deni just looked like a good bet to me.

Am interested in any comment tho.

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

You need to check the council rules about subdivision. Even if it is a large block, you might not be able to subdivide depending on their minumum block size requirements. And if all of the houses are on large blocks, would there be much demand for a small subdivided block of land??

Luke.

Profile photo of hankmoodyhankmoody
    @hankmoody

Hey this is my home town!

Unfortunately like everyone else we moved out of Deni back in the 80's.  When I was born in 1970 the population was the same as it is today so there is little if any population growth – except during the week of the Ute Muster!

Having said that, my Uncle has been on council and Mayor, over the past ten years and he has confirmed now with the drought over the rice mill is being reopened down the track therefore with the infrastructure it may be boom time again.  But having said that, remember Peter Garrett did close down the local logging industry so the employment situation had been hit massively over the past ten years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.