All Topics / Forum Frolic / Who’s doin’ what in 2011?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Kids,

Yes, I've been away, busy getting more developing done.

Open question….

Who is doin' what this year? Developing and in what state? Reno's in what area, just working, buying your first house.

Losing weight () or trying to? What's up in your property or other (real) life?

Lets have some fun peeps, the community needs a sense of humor this year!

Here I'll go first…

Building 12 apartments, looking for next deal….and the big one….looking to finally buy a…..PPOR. Yep no more renting this year!

Bring on 2011 :)

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Dwolfe

Looks like you’re going to be busy this year! I’m keeping life nice and simple this year. Moving into a new PPOR, carrying out a pretty major reno and possibly purchasing another IP – probably in Canberra or in Googong, NSW if they pull their finger out and start developing.

Also looking forward to a trip to the Cook Islands next month :)

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Cheers Jamie,

Hehe nice and simple huh?! Sure, sure.

Sounds like you will be a busy one this year too!

Nice.

D

Email Me

Profile photo of ArabianArabian
    Participant
    @arabian

Hey DWolfe,

Good topic!  I'm not a property developer and never intend to be…waaaay out of my league* but I'm a happy buy/hold/sell investor in property and ASX equities.  I would love to renovate those un-loved properties that entice the 'House&Garden' in me but I'm not to be trusted with paint/paper/tiles nor sharp tools!

With the most recent property purchase I learned Broker Agents are there for a very good reason!   

This year I intend to add to my property portfolio but I must confess, the stock market is my favourite place to invest.

*The figures just don't stack up for me, tax-wise…but that is a whole other topic.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Stay tuned….hey DW do you have a site yet? / Where are you looking?

Participant
    @dwolfe

Love to see what you are up to Scott ;) Just have to wait and see…

Yeah got a site, this is the one I've been banging on about for the last 6 mths. It'll be on the market by the end of the month so I'll put a link up so people can have a squiz. It's in with council now, just gotta get some presales and a DA then we can get it built.

Always looking for new sites :)

I thought we were going to have to head up to NSW for work but it hasn't happened yet, so still looking in Melbourne :)

D

Email Me

Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Arabian,

I have to say I do like a bet on the market. Property is a much stronger pull for me, but I still like to try an make money any way I can. I usually go in for short term trades in and out in under a week and then use the profit to reinvest. I just don't like the little red numbers that mean you lose money ;)

D

Email Me

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi D,

Well……list of 12 goals started last year, made two (just……. to date) Hoping 2011 will bring a few more to fruition.
    No purchase planned for a while – just pay down a bit of debt, and find a higher paying career!

Working hard to finish my Diploma FS (FP) & my goal of losing weight to continues to be deferred further & further into the future!

And just maybe…….by dear wife will finally let me slip a sports muffler onto the mighty BA GHia V8 so I can hear something besides the subwoofer & the wind through the sunroof !

A new Victory Crossroads motorbike is relegated to pure fantasy for 2011……  :-)

All the best

Profile photo of vonnyvonny
    @vonny

Yep … TRYING to lose wieght.. lol. bootcamp starts on Monday, ouch thats gotta hurt.

Still got last years project happening, 4 UNIT DEVELOPMENT, everything is flowing nicely, the site works are happening now, project should be completed by june / july. may even have a couple potential buyers :-)
    My project manager has been sooo worth it.

And now doing lots of research looking at an area that is going to start going through re-structure. hopefully end up buying there and being involved in the whole thing.

and well gunna need a little project inbetween… maybe just something with a house already on it that i can subdivide and build on.

Bootcamp… ouch ouch ouch lol

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE THIS YEAR!!!!

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Good day folks, great to see people are active in the property scene and also have much of a life outside of property. In case anyone would be interested to read this, here's my short story:

Currently two months into a new job and things are settling down a little after what was a very busy time last year. In 2010 I moved out of my place in Melbourne's outer-east after being there for 7 months, turned it to an IP and now staying with parents (ie. back to square one). This IP was rented to a friend for 6 months before I found other tenants in November. I also successfully completed a year-long correspondence course in veterinary behavioural medicine which has proved invaluable in my career, even if it didn't raise employment prospects all that much.

On 18 December 2010, the weekend before Christmas, I bought myself the best Christmas present ever. sinking further into debt by getting another IP in Geelong. Settlement is due only in March but we're getting a tenant in ahead of time. Both properties have given me some headache and stress since the beginning of time, which just adds to the top of whatever stress there is at work. But as they say, no pain, no gain.

They also stretch my 'decision muscles' and have forced me to grow up, and do so quickly. Considering nobody in my family has ever had investment property in Australia before, a lot of decisions had to be made on a 'try and see' approach. There was really nobody to ask, even if my parents were willing to help as much as possible.

In essence then, being fully committed, 2011 will be a more quiet year, a year spent focused on my tenants (keeping them happy and hopefully keeping them long-term), getting more competent in a new workplace, finding time for photography (once a big hobby that nearly died out with the advent of work and property purchases), spending time with parents, and hopefully finding a like-minded girlfriend to subsequently marry and share my debt with (only joking).

And of course, I'm waiting for that property market crash that so many are talking about. But as you can see, I'm betting big. I'm betting my property portfolio and financial future that there is NO bubble to burst.

Profile photo of beediebeedie
    Participant
    @beedie

Wofle,
    Like you have construction commenced  on one site this week , sold one site  last fortnight and looking at buying two more…….
    Bit hard to find a good development site in inner city Brisbane at the moment which is either not overpriced or a secondary site.
    Anyone know of a good one let me know……..lol
    Cheers my friend

Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

Cool topic.

Goals for 2011:

1. Looking for IP number 2 this year.

2. Negotiate a pay increase.

3. Deadlift 220kg, Squat 180kg, Bench 150kg. haha.

Profile photo of orangestreetorangestreet
    Participant
    @orangestreet

– Buy a PPOR

– Learn as much about property investing as possible by reading lots and lots of books and magazines.

– Figure out how to get to where I want to go from where I am.

– Network with other property investors

Participant
    @dwolfe

Great to see people having a go, inside as well as outside property investing :)

Keep posting, I think it will be great to come back at the end of the year and see how we have gone.

Shopping for PPOR is sooo much harded than buying IP :)

And advertising sign goes up tonight!!! (pls no objections!!) lol.

D

Email Me

Profile photo of streamlineinvestingstreamlineinvesting
    Participant
    @streamlineinvesting

In 2011 I am hoping to really start my proper investing career by purchasing my 1st IP in the USA. Hoping to do that by mid year. And at the same time hoping to pay down as much of the debt on my PPOR as I can at the time.

Also I really want to win the grand final in soccer this year after last years disappointing finish.

Profile photo of tigermigertigermiger
    Participant
    @tigermiger

My Goals for 2011:

1. Looking and aiming to buy my first IP 

2. Hoping the other half proposes to me (haha)

3. Trip to Thailand or Coburg (N.T)

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

This year I’ll be:

– finishing a rear s/s storey unit development
    – starting build on a 3 unit res .development in , and be close to finishing by the end of the year. Permits pending any day now. (famous last words)
    – hopefully ending a vendor finance deal (client is finally ready!) so I can release cash for the next deal.
    – finding the next deal.
    – trying to get my personal / family / work balance in better order. Need to get fit, and am aiming for the Run Melbourne half marathon in October.
    – taking the family to Hong Kong at Easter
    !
    Now I’ve made myself accountable by sharing with you…….. Agree with DWolfe, will be great to see how much we’ve achieved at the end of the year.

Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Bought my first IP…A duplex pair and just +ve cashflow…Just missed a wrap…looking for a development…

Profile photo of MRWMRW
    @mrw

Hi all,

Plan to:
    – Get a kayak and catch a decent size jewie (mulloway)
    – Get fit
    – Buy second IP
    – get back into bushwalking
    – continue reading this forum ;-)

Mark

Participant
    @dwolfe

This is a ripper to read what everyone else is planning and thinking of this year!

Very inspiring .

Imagine if we achieved even half of it!

D

Email Me

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.