All Topics / General Property / regular pest inspection on unit blocks???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of shanemattshanematt
    @shanematt

Hi all,
           our block just got a quote for $660 for a termite and pest inspection on a block of 4 units.Do others out there ,agree through there body corp, to have regular pest and termite inspections? The prop manager reckons some do it every 6 months. Sounds expensive and excessive but I may be naive on this.

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Sounds excessive to me, I would get one done every 2 years or so for a block of units.

Luke.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It depends largely on risk & exposure. If there has been a history of pests ie previous termite activities & the food source has not been removed eg discarded formwork or timber or water leaks then you would get regular inspections & remove food sources etc. After a few uneventful inspections you’d cut down the frequency.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Agree with Scott. If there’s a history of pest issues than regular inspections would be imperative. The same would apply if the units were located in an area that frequently experiences such issues.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.