All Topics / Help Needed! / Needing a Property Mentor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of marq001marq001
    @marq001

Hi Everyone!

I am currently in at a phase where i would like to partner up with a property mentor that can help me achieve my goals. Someone that i can hang around and learn the ropes from. Someone that i can invest with and learn. I have left work and am focusing on full time investing but find it somewhat difficult to do it all on my own and without guidance.
    I do have experience with renovating, building etc, but wish to accelerate my wealth creation and take it to the next level.

Can anyone share some insights in to what the best way to tackle this would be. I understand that i could attend expensive seminars with hundreds of others, but ideally i would like to meet someone I can partner up with. 

Many of the books that i have read on property investing say that you should find a property mentor and many are willing to share their experience for free but i am finding it difficult. I am prepared to pay for good advice and guidance.

Does anyone use any mentors and what is their experience. I have read so many testimonials of ordinary investors which have become so successful by being coached by a mentor. 

Why re-invent the wheel i say, when there are others that have been there!

Your input is much appreciated!

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Suggest you see the ad in the right hand column "1 on 1 mentoring, make your own enquiries.
    Our mentor was Brendan, highly successful for us.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

So are you looking for a mentor you can pay to teach you the ropes or a partnership (you mention partnering up)?

If the second, what are you contributing to the partnership? If you are not working I'm assuming time?

What have you done so far (if you don't mind me asking). Just wondering what the "next step" is for you.

Profile photo of marq001marq001
    @marq001

Hi All,
    Thanks for the responses!
    In regards to what i have to bring to the table.
    I have subdivided 2 blocks of land and built units on it with a builder friend, where we did most of the work.
    I have also renovated countless period houses.
    I now want to do less physical work and focus on how to find the best deals where i can purchase a property and do cosmetics and onsell.
    It is difficult at times to do all this on your own. With a partner there is someone else that can bring other qualities to the table and also there is more purchasing power with two people contributing.
    So I guess what i am looking at is someone that is actively investing, and doing what i wish to do, and that is buy at wholesale and renovate and sell. This will give me the cashflow to be able to keep the next two buys etc.
    I understand that all this info can be obtained in books and i have read countless books, but there is no substitute for hands on I believe.
    I guess its like the countless number of property investors that pay top dollar to attend property investment seminars, yet very few take it to the next level, or act upon the knowledge attained.
    Knowledge without action is useless.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.