All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Buying and Selling a comercial property into and out of SMSF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mmail2yoummail2you
    @mmail2you

I currently out own a comercial property and wanted to find out if I transfer this into my SMSF, How long do I have to hold it in mt fund before I can sell it so I do not incurr CGT ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Until the fund goes into pension phase ie when you reach retirement age/commence a trp – but I’m no expert on super. You may be up for cgt & sd on transfer to your fund (maybe a one-off transfer to smsf).

Profile photo of OlliOlli
    @olli

Try http://www.millinium.com.au I have been talking to them about a commercial purchase, still trying to find the property – my situation is a little different from your situation – but they have a service that enables property to be transferred in to SMSF and assist along the way and they offer access to a completely non recourse option – bth loan and structure.
    A reasonable time to do as any transaction costs will be lower than when the market is running hot and yields are tighter.

To avoid cgt on any sale proceeds when the property is in the SMSF, you need to be in pension phase / retirement age. So to me it makes sense to get a little gearing, drop it in the SMSF, have the rent service the loan payments and then when the market is right consider sale to access the equity available when I need it….when I fat and retired and need another cigar !

O

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.