All Topics / Help Needed! / All at once

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi all

I am looking to purchase a strata titled duplex pair for $430k returning $640 per week with good tenants. I also have an opportunity to purchase an older house (suitable for a reno job) that I will then sell in the form of a wrap to a work colleague whom does not have a big enough deposit for the banks to look at him.
    The first property is looking pretty close to be +ve cashflow and is clost to where I live. I have talked to my accountant and will purchase through my family trust. He suggests to split the 2 units, one to the trust and one into my name and alter the purchase price so the trust unit is definately +ve and the unit in my name is -ve. The land is divided 311m^2 for one and 444m^2 for the other plus a common driveway. Therefore I thought of offering $190k in the trust for the small one and $240k for the other in my name. I know the current owners and all they want is the $430k. Any ideas??
    The second property is a smallish house that needs a bit of a reno that a work colleague wants to purchase and is willing to do the work himself (he has experience in renos), but due to a marriage breakup has not got a deposit together to call the banks. I said there is a way to do the deal in the form of a wrap. The numbers I went by are purchase $269k + costs @ 7.72% interest and wrap to him at $300k in two years @ +1.5% of my interest rate. Does this sound right?

Our situation is PPOR $580k owe $210k.
    Salary of $146k and wifes $54k pa.
    Car loan of $14k that will be paid off this year.
    Savings $16k.
    Credit card limit of $3k and paid of monthly.

Any ideas are appreciated…

Regards

JD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.