All Topics / Help Needed! / property manager in Gladstone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of elisa75elisa75
    @elisa75

Can anyone recommend a good property manager in Gladstone? We’ve had a duplex for a few years and have recently been very disappointed with our current rental manager. Many thanks.

Profile photo of michaelandre70michaelandre70
    @michaelandre70

If you are still searching, try Legacy Realty Group. They are probably the best….

Profile photo of Interested InvestorInterested Investor
    @interested-investor

My property Manager in Gladstone is Remax Gold. Talk to Cyndi Ward – She is professional, efficient and friendly. Good luck.

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest
    elisa75 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good property manager in Gladstone? We've had a duplex for a few years and have recently been very disappointed with our current rental manager. Many thanks.

I assume you are talking about Gladstone, QLD?

In any case, i have never heard of Legacy Realty Group in Gladstone, QLD and highly doubt they are the "best" as one poster will have you believe.

I use LJ Hooker, but believe there is possibly better agencies around. While some agencies could be good, yoou are always at the mercy of the individual property manager you get lumped with.

Seems there is a relatively high turnover of pm's in Gladstone, QLD.

Good luck

Austy

Profile photo of Renoah04Renoah04
    @renoah04

Has anyone else got a suggestion based upon experience in the area?

We are just preparing ours for tenants now.

Thank you.

@renoah04

Wow – just read through a proposal of fees and am shocked compared to VIC rates. Is this a QLD thing or is Gladstone property management earning a premium? I haven’t heard of commissions on top of usual management fees etc.

Can someone with an IP in the area let us know what are fair current fees? Being new to investing in this region we do not want to get ripped off. Happy to pay fair value for a good service of course.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Interested InvestorInterested Investor
    @interested-investor

Hi Renoah04,

I am paying 8.5% management fee. $5.00 postage plus GST for my property in Gladstone. Being an investor from Sydney I was also shocked at the high levels of commission but when I asked around it seemed to be the going rate. My agent is REMAX Gold and I have found them to be very efficient. I get a condition report every 6 months and the staff are all helpful. I have been using them now for 4 years. However in 2009 when it was tough to get a tenant and I had an empty property I approached LJ Hooker Gladstone who at the time were prepared to undercut REMAX Gold by half a percentage point. As it turned out REMAX found me a tenant and I stayed with them. I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention commission.Would be interested for you to post more information so that we can all be warned to what is happening out there.

I have a lot of faith in Gladstone being an great performing investment. Long term I think the capital growth and high rental returns will outweigh the cost of higher agents fees. But living so far away from the property it is especially important to get an agent you can trust and will inspect your property regularly.

Good Luck and keep us posted as to what rate you can secure. Always good to hear what people can negotiate.

@renoah04

Thanks Interested Investor, good to get some dialogue on this. Here is what I was quoted:

COMMISSIONS
    Letting commission: 1 weeks rent + GST
    Rent collection commission: 5% + GST

FEES
    Management fee: 3.5% + GST
    Lease negotiation/Renewal Fee: Half 1 weeks rent + GST
    End of financial year statement fee: $25 + GST (clicking a button)
    Postage and Petties: $10 per month + GST!!! (email?)
    Advertising/Marketing fee: At cost!?!
    Others:
    Mediation/Tribunal hearing fee (inc prep.): $60/hr min. 2 hrs + GST
    Title search: At cost
    Maintenance/Repair fee: Included in management fee
    Periodic Inspection Fee: Included in management fee

So like you, it is 8.5%+GST plus all the extras. It is 5% + GST in VIC if you negotiate well. I’ll shop around and see what the other agencies are quoting.

Profile photo of brainsterbrainster
    Participant
    @brainster

LJ Hooker I have found to have the best access to corporate tenants, some of the property managers are pretty bad at the other organisations.

Profile photo of bundy84bundy84
    Participant
    @bundy84

Gladstone agents I haven't dealt with  but stay away from BoyneTannum agencies after being with PRD as body corp they were hopeless and i was living in it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.