Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JesseBearJesseBear
    @jessebear

Hi,

I am looking at investing in property within the EU – probably Romania.

Does anybody know if I can purchase property within the EU even if I am not a citizen of the EU?

Also, if anybody who has purchased in Romania could give me their thoughts and opinions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JesseBear

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Jessebear

I personally haven’t had experience investing in this part of the world but I’d be interested to know why you’ve decided to look into Romania? I stayed with some English friends in a place they purchased on the coast in Bulgaria back in 2006 and I remember it costs them the equivalent of about 50,000 pounds and this place was a mansion! They actually converted into a backpackers.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of whathousewhathouse
    @whathouse

I do not know about Romania but in Bulgaria, EU citizens can not buy without a company, as used to be needed, except for some grades of agricultural land. I am not sure if not an EU citizen, I think you might still need a company in Bulgaria. There might be similar restrictions in Romania.

Have you ever visited Romania? I would make sure you explore the country and get a good feel for the place before committing.

UK Property Rentals

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.