All Topics / General Property / QLD Pool Fence Safety Certification

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of dreamerQLDdreamerQLD
    @dreamerqld

Is it just me, or do other people think that $300 for an inspection (lasting up to 30min) in order to get your pool fence certified is a RORT!

how do people justify charging this much!!!
    it is totally indecent and I cannot respect any of these people.

keep in mind that these certifications need to be renewed every 2 years.

if there was a place to protest I would definately be up for it.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

How much is the life of one of your tenant’s kids worth?

Profile photo of Asbestos Audits QueenslandAsbestos Audits Queensland
    Participant
    @aaq

These guys have to pay for insurance and travel so theres at least half that fee gone…..
    Have you tried driving around Qld and specifically Brisbane lately? It can take over 3 hours to go north- south side and on top of that are the tolls. If theres an accident on one of the major arterial road you can kiss at least half a day gone.

We looked into diversifying into this (we inspect buildings for asbestos) and decided it wasn't worth it even at 300 an inspection you would have to be cutting corners to make any money.

In comparison to other inspections (termite pest or structural) or trade work this is pretty cheap so I wouldn't be complaining also I agree with Scott how much  is a life worth? And if you want to be cold about it – if they certify it they are carrying your risk for you, so its a form of insurance unless you have dodgey pools.

Asbestos Audits Queensland | Asbestos Audits Queensland
    https://asbestosaudits.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Any asbestos questions ask me.

Profile photo of dreamerQLDdreamerQLD
    @dreamerqld

I don't have tenants with kids.

Our fence was deemed safe the first time the inspector came (because we have regularly maintained it without imposed laws)

the inspector is from our suburb.

he spent 25min inspecting the fence.

i don't feel that I need a million laws to make me act as a responsible landlord/citizen. I'm quite happy to do it out of my own initiative

Profile photo of NBSNBS
    @nbs

Kinda funny really I'm looking at doing the course early this year and plan on using it as an extention of my builders license of course will save me some $$$ on certifing my own pool (maybe?). 

I will not even start on the $300 bit there are many others professions that charge way over the top in rates just another jumping on the gravy train. 

Brian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.