Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dreamerQLDdreamerQLD
    @dreamerqld

Hi Everyone,
    I'm renting our my IP to my mum (at market rate). She would like to renovate the ensuite at her cost and replace the shower (regular small size with glass screens and tiled) with a corner spa bath with overhead shower. She would also replace the vanity.

She intends to be renting the property for around 5 years.

Will the spa bath cause me any trouble in the future? Do people generally like spas? Would it deter any buyers/renters in the future?

thanks for the advice
    Melissa

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Good question – one we are considering also,
    Is there a bath there already?
    We are going to go a normal sized bath that is a spa (not a corner one) with a shower overhead and sliding glass doors. Stepping in and out of a bath could preclude an older tenant, but our house is 2 storey so steps would be a problem with older people anyway.
    Our friends have a large corner spa and it empty’s the hot water system to fill it.
    Another option maybe an outdoor portable spa – that way your Mum can take it with her when she leaves

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I wouldn't do it. Some people do not like stepping in a bath to shower. But then again if there was no bath then I would want one.
    I'm assuming there is a bath in the main bathroom so I would want a shower in the ensuite. That way everyone is covered.
    I think spa baths are old hat. Too much water.

Profile photo of dreamerQLDdreamerQLD
    @dreamerqld

thanks for the replies.

The main bathroom has a normal shower and normal bath.. So if anyone really wanted to not have to step into the bath for a shower they could use the main bathroom shower?

i guess it doesn't make too much difference. we have considered an outdoor one but i think they cost a lot more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.