All Topics / Value Adding / REMOVAL HOUSE – Doing it, and building in under?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of balniksbalniks
    Participant
    @balniks

Ok,
    Quick run down, looking at buying a block of land, and putting a small post war home on it. I want to raise it to legal building height underneath, so i can put in a bedroom, with bathroom ensuite (in the future) Also i want to accomodate a car park area, and a games room.

I've been searching on the net for info, i have found a fair few in other forums, but a lot of info is about 4 -5 years old.

This will be in the Ipswich City Council precinct

So the area will be about 70m2, the slab anyway. How much would it cost to seal all this in do you think? Mainly the costs of walls and beams etc. I sorta know what i'm looking at for doors, windows etc. Is it possible to just leave it on the stumps, and not seal it off straight away without the council using the bond that has been paid to come in an do it. Like this place here: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-north+ipswich-106867191

The council stipulates that it must be liveable within 6months of it being moved. I should be able to finance everything from the land to the removal house/slab and reinstalling. (i've spoke to my lender and all of this seems ok so far) I'll have $ left over to, in the future build in, but i'm just worried that i may have a time limit, whereas i was hoping to do it slowly over say a 5 year period.

Anyone else done this recently? Any info or help would be appreciated!  I believe builders in the Ipswich area may be hard to come across atm also…

Would love to hear stories of other people who have done removal houses!

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Before proceeding, make sure that the RL of the slab is above the flood level.

You may be able to get away with putting the house up high, laying the slab, stairs & connection of the services. Ie making the relocated house habitable & having the downstairs ready to be enclosed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.