All Topics / Finance / NZ Equity Loan to purchase in Aussie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mushroomsmushrooms
    @mushrooms

Hi, I would like to purchase an investment property in Aussie by using the majority of equity from a NZ rental property. However I cannot grasp if it's viable or even a wise idea due to currency conversion. In terms of taxes, capital gains etc….do I count the losses to move forward or is it likely to balance out along the way?  

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Will need to speak to a tax accountant who deals with dual accountancy. ATO as a list.
    But in term of finacne, a few selected lenders will consider using an NZ property as equailty. ie ANZ, AFM.

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Mushroom, if your still thinking about this- just to let you know, for serviceability point of view the bank will convert all income into Aus currency and discount it off by 10%. so only 90% income considered.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Mushroom it all depends on your own situation and weather or not you live in ozzie currently or you want to move to oz, if you want to move here then it may be worth bringing your cash here 
    currently the exchange rate is bad, secondly if you do not live here you may find it hard to borrow oz money and even if you move here then you will probably find it even harder to get a loan for the first year or two, then there is capital gains tax, there is stamp duty and so on.
    Nz is down but it will come back later on.
    just my thoughts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.