All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision Cost

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

Hi. We finally got our planning permit after a very long wait. There are just a few things to do before we are issued the stamped plan. But for the meantime I want to start on the subdivision process. Can anyone please recommend a surveyor in melbourne who will look into the subdivision up until titling. And any idea how much it would cost to do the subdivision?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Good on you novusprimo! You're getting there :)

ALine in Ringwood are great try them, should be around a couple grand (under $5k) see how you go, if it costs more can you please let me know for future!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of minichickminichick
    Participant
    @minichick

last subby we did was 3.5k for the paper work approx 20k per block was in rural qld though much higher if you have services like sewage town water and the, open space contribution to your council that one sure stings…

Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Minichick,

Yeah ours was about that on a 3 unit site.

The open space contribution – ouch! $32k……..

Ahh well if you make money may as well pay for a park :)

D

Email Me

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

I was told it would cost about 3-4.5K.

Dwolfe, I think I would go for ALine. They were actually the ones who did the survey for the planning permit. And i think their fee is a bit cheaper too. I will post the total cost for the subdivision once its done.

Also, I got a quote for a landscape plan for $594 GST inc. Is the cost about that much?

Participant
    @dwolfe

Yeah that's about right.

We used Wartwood Landscaping for the actual landscaping (they are in Eltham) and Adrian from the Blind Factory in Bayswater/Kilsyth for blinds. Let me know if you get any better quotes for anything and names pretty please :)

Anyone knows a good fence guy can they let me know ours was an utter whinger. :)

Ta

D

Email Me

@the-immigrant

I got a quote from ALine Surveying for $2900 which is $600 more than JR Edwards, the surveyor recommended by our Builder. So I am going with JR Edwards.

Participant
    @dwolfe

Cool, nice to know there are other options!

Better to go with who the team works best with, I'll probably stick with Aline, but get my guys to hassle them about being more expensive lol! ;)

Thanks for the update!

D

Email Me

@the-immigrant

That's what I reckon. Since they are often used by our builder, i think they will do fine.

Does anyone have any idea what water or electricity services cost when doing a 2-lot subdivision? And any other costs to be expected when doing a subdivision?

Profile photo of spoonicusspoonicus
    Participant
    @spoonicus

Hey Dwolfe, I have a great fence guy that we have used a few times. I think he is based in Sommerville and I’m not sure how far into the city he goes but if you want I will send you his number

Participant
    @dwolfe

Please spoonicus! I would appreciate it, even if I just give him a ring next time to check. The last guy, oh man I thought he was going to shed a few tears. Cmon just do your job! In the end we had to split the job up, he did half and the builder got his fence guy to do half, still had to pay both. Ahh well.

I'm thinking about trying to make it part of all the building contracts from now on that they have to pay and redo all boundary fencing, see how our builder likes that hehe. I'm sure they could still get it a bit cheaper and less hassle than us doing it.

D

Email Me

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

About the electricity question.. I know that you have to provide electricity to the top of the driveway crossover (ie the concrete on what would otherwise be the naturestrip).  If for some reasons the electricity company decides that a new electricity pit has to go in (which wouldn't necessarily be on your side of the road.. so diggingunder hte road would be required…) you'd be up for about $6k for the pit.  That was the case when I enquired about it around a year ago.  It's actually really hard to get an idea of "in general how much would it cost because I'm thinking of getting into the subdivision game".  They don't like quoting figures on a non-specific situation.  However I eventually got answers out of them by saying "OK, so what things will I absolutely have to do, and what would be the worst case costs on that based on other cases you have seen?  And if a new pit is required, what do the workers have to do (eg dig under road?) and what would be the ballpark cost of a new pit?"

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.