All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding IP no 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of lulu1lulu1
    Participant
    @lulu1

Well its the start of a New Year looking to puchase IP no 2. Wanting the obvious with the purchase positive cashflow with growth. Just wondering if anybody could write up the steps they follow in finding good areas. cant tell you how many times i look at courses costing $2000 for 2 day courses . I really want to be able to find areas that are growing myself without following  the masses.. Thanks for all help that may be sent

Lorraine

Profile photo of proptymanproptyman
    @proptyman

Getting your second IP. Sounds exciting.  A few things you may consider:  check that the area has growth potential, ie. has industry that is prosperous or about to be developed, schools, facilities, parks, conveniences near-by and perhaps is a property that has the potential for two lots of rent.  eg. A house with a granny flat or unit out the back which can be rented separately.

Regards
    Peter S  ([email protected])
    High Rent Return Properties – http://www.ozpropertyinvest.com/hy/2022.html

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Lulu

I recently read Margaret Lomas's book "20 must ask questions" – she has developed some great criteria for identifiying potential growth areas. I think it was only $20 from Big W – a bit cheaper than $2k!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of goldiesgoldies
    @goldies

i agree with Jamie. Oneof the best $20 i invested! Don't spend $2000… buy a few of Margaret Lomas books. She also has podcasts available with suburb reports that talk all about a particular suburb for investing purposes. THey are $8 to download… and they are yours to listen to over and over on an Ipod or MP3 player…..

Profile photo of EdmundStEdmundSt
    Participant
    @edmundst
    Jamie M wrote:
    Hi Lulu

I recently read Margaret Lomas's book "20 must ask questions" – she has developed some great criteria for identifiying potential growth areas. I think it was only $20 from Big W – a bit cheaper than $2k!

Cheers

Jamie

Could not recommend this book highly enough. Great source of information that has helped over the years.

Profile photo of BluegrassBluegrass
    Participant
    @bluegrass

There are a number of criteria to deal with when looking for a good working IP.
    As land holders and builders we look for the following:
    Schools (Primary and Secondary plus the draft plans for more)
    Shops (Local corner store and centres)
    Public Transport (Trains and bus routes)
    Close to Main Roads ( not close enough to be driven mad with noise though)!
    Close to Freeways (As above)
    Affordable rents
    Plenty of work (Old work and new work)

I see that you want to get positive geared.
    Positive geared is not always the answer!
    Remember positive can impact on your taxable income in a negative way.

Happy hunting
    Kevin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.