All Topics / Help Needed! / Call option advice needed for 5 x fully developed properties.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Salvadors_catSalvadors_cat
    @salvadors_cat

My friend and I have the opportunity to sell 5 x fully developed blocks that his dad owns. I’d like to hear what ideas people have for approaching this situation. Do I try and get a real estate agent onboard and entice with a bigger piece of the pie if he can sell them for us? Or undertake it ourselves? How would we market the properties?   I haven’t really done anything like this before so feel like a fish out of water and would greatly appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you! 

Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

I'm still confused about how you get to sell properties your mates dad owns, your obviously not an agent.

Profile photo of Salvadors_catSalvadors_cat
    @salvadors_cat

Well, we’re hoping to enter into a call option agreement with him to act as the middle man and find buyers. Am I way off track with this thought?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

as a non-agent you can’t sell or self-manage the sales of 5 properties on behalf of the owner.

You would be best serviced by getting a few ie 3 or 4 agents in for a presentation giving them a proper brief beforehand. They can then present their offer & abilities, how they would market, comparable sales, expertise, selling costs etc

@salvadors_cat

Thank you. Very helpful!

Profile photo of franblakefranblake
    @franblake

If you have call options on the blocks, you then have a financial interest in the properties so I believe you can onsell the options either yourself or via agents. I would be checking with some local builders to see if they are interested in the blocks on builders terms (also a type of option). You can negotiate for them to pay you a commission when they build the houses and you get two payments from eack of the properties that way. If in doubt, check with your solicitor.

@salvadors_cat

Thanks for helpful info!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.