All Topics / Help Needed! / Managing Agent GST

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mojorisingmojorising
    @mojorising

Does your property manager charge GST on top of the management fee?

If so does it have to be explicitly stated in the rental agreement or is it OK for them to charge this without explicit prior disclosure after agreement is in place?

QLD

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It does not need to be stated in the rental agreement.
     The tax law is that the rental manager is charging you for a service and as a result the rental manager by Tax law must collect the Goods and Services Tax of 10% of the service charged on behalf of the Tax Office.

It would be nice if they had reminded you of the GST additional cost but they don't legally have to,
    also a lot of other companies or businesses forget to quote GST and they quote a price exclusive of GST.

P.S I didn't vote for the GST ! Also insurance will have a GST.
    The worst one is GST on Fuel Excise as this is a TAX on a TAX which by the GST Tax law is not suppose to happen.
    But the reason is Fuel excise is regarded as not being a tax by our politicians.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

the gst would be noted on your management agreement. It is payable regardless of your gst status.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    mojorising wrote:
    Does your property manager charge GST on top of the management fee?

Yep. And a few dollars for petties, postage and other little nasties that spring up from time to time.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.