All Topics / Help Needed! / Any good buyer agents/ organisations for 1st time IP buyers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of GrowingGrowing
    @growing

Hi everyone, I am interested in property investment for wealth accumulation and am committed to buy one anytime between now and March 2011. Does anyone have 1st hand experience with buyer agents or organizations to share with me?

Annual income: 85k (but $725 goes to ATO per fortnight at the moment)
    Financial commitments: nil to date
    Bank savings: 25k
    Superannuation: 10k only
    Equity: none

Your honest sharing and/or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Growing

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

Where are you located?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

More importantly, where are you looking to buy?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

You don't say how long you have been employed so I may be out of line – but you wanted honest!

After tax you have nett income of ~$67K. Many bank will want to know where this is/has going/gone as you haven't any savings or equity to launch from. While there are some banks who do such things as 'family pledges' etc for security purposes your first real step should be to get a deposit behind you.

At the moment you have no equity and no savings.

While I am not a broker I would suggest this will be a major stumbling block to you as you try and move forward.

Profile photo of BlitzadBlitzad
    Participant
    @blitzad
    Growing wrote:

Just a quick note, i believe he said that he has 25k in savings, this is a good start i would have thought. I am not sure, i am only new to this investing too.

Cheers,
    Blitzad

Profile photo of bm17bm17
    Participant
    @bm17
    Blitzad wrote:
    Growing wrote:

Just a quick note, i believe he said that he has 25k in savings, this is a good start i would have thought. I am not sure, i am only new to this investing too. Cheers, Blitzad

Agree with Blitzad. When I bought my first IP, I had been working in my job for about 4months after finishing uni and had saved about $14k. I was eligible for the first home owners grant so this was added to my savings but still, the $25k you have saved is definitely a good starting point.
    I would recomend speaking to a mortgage broker and see what you can borrow to start off with, then go from there.
    Good luch

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Blitzad wrote:
    Just a quick note, i believe he said that he has 25k in savings,

Ooops (foot in mouth) that's what you get after spending a few hours hunched over some driveway acrylic sealer.

Nonetheless $25K wont get a lot of money in additional purchasing power (just over $200K + deposit – subject to income checks and other banks interrogations) so there remains a need to get some additional deposit money behind you.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

His $25k could stretch a bit further than that if he was able to take out a 95% + LMI lend.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Depending on where you are there should be some good investing networking evenings, the kind where you aren't really being given the hard sell but have a chance to meet other investors and talk to people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.