All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to find previous sale price of property.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

around my way most can afford to relocate before listing, so the cause is often irrelevant.

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

JacM – I stumbled apon one of those a couple of months ago. Silly me was just researching the area I want to buy in and didn't get my act together. Someone bought it below market value I see – more than 100k!

D and S – thanks for the extra info. Also good to hear those that have had more experience than myself.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Another thing to look at is the Section32 (in VIC anyway) which contains the council rates and water notices.  If they happen to be stamped with "Overdue – Final Notice" it's a fair assumption the vendor is in financial strife.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of ktastrphektastrphe
    @ktastrphe

Seeing as noone has answered your question, here are a couple ways I find useful

*Firstly, Richard (qls007) very kindly will do a free residex report for you. This will have the last sales
    *If you are friendly with a real estate agent, obviously not the one representing the vendor, you can sometimes get reports via them
    *If you decide to use a buyers agent to purchase property they will have access to this information (although technically you arent getting the reports for free that way!)

A cheap and nasty way for a rough historical trend are websites like http://www.oldlistings.com.au however they only give historical listing prices, not actual sale prices. Not bad for a free site though.

hope that helps

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Marnie,

If you still want to find out what the last sale price of the property was I can tell you, assuming that information was made public. I have access to Price Finder. If you dont want to put the property address in the public forum send me a private message. It will only take me a few minutes to get the price.

Participant
    @marie123

Hi Corie

Thanks for this. I only just stumbled across this now. I have been looking at realestateinvestar, btw. Will send you a personal message. Thanks for everything.

Marie

Participant
    @marie123

J and K

Thanks for the extra peice of information, you have all been a good help.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.